Cabriolet.......gearbox undertray ?

GoneSouth

Reaction score
My B7 Cabriolet seems to be missing the gearbox undertray. The clips are all in place though so am assuming it had one when it left the factory. Also read that these things get ripped off quite easily by speed bumps etc.

Question is......does the Cabriolet have a specific undertray, i.e. shaped to accommodate the additional brace bars that connect the sub-frame to the chassis ?

My B7 Cabriolet seems to be missing the gearbox undertray. The clips are all in place though so am assuming it had one when it left the factory. Also read that these things get ripped off quite easily by speed bumps etc.

Question is......does the Cabriolet have a specific undertray, i.e. shaped to accommodate the additional brace bars that connect the sub-frame to the chassis ?

Yes Cabby has its own undertray

Thanks for the info.

I found myself a standard (B7) Gearbox undertray and simply cut out the protruding edges etc to give a flush fit. Works a treat and should help keep the winter crud off the underside off the box and other previously exposed bits. Not a difficult job but needed to jack it up on axle stands as clearance is limited (S Line).