burbank2broward's a3 build thread

what rims you got planned?

something either fully polished or chrome with a step lip preferably 18' or 19' by at least 8.5 in front and 9.5 in the rear.... ccws, hres, things like that. not sure yet. first thing is first.... suspension. :thrashi:

got bored at work so I did a little photoshop on my car and how I would like it to look in the future

317A3.jpg

slammed too **** ahaa, definately can see it coming along though from the looks of the golf man.

Wow you MK6 looked amazing. Very sorry to hear what happened.

Loving the new motor too !

I'm considering this ..let us know how better it is compared to stock.

My diesel geek short shifter was awaiting my arrival when I got home today..... only two words came to my mind when I opened the package...... QUALITY PARTS. It looks so solid.

heres a pic. Im getting installed on saturday. Ill post my review a few days after install

JAKZ3.jpg

I'm considering this ..let us know how better it is compared to stock.

Its still breaking in a little. Diesel geek states a 7-10 break in period.... but all i can say.... ITS AMAZING AND SO PRECISE. U push the shift knob and you feel like you are one with the car. Its hard to explain. It feels so direct. If you wanna be in 3rd push it to 3rd and without hesitation or long *** springy throws, you are in 3rd. AMAZING PRODUCT. Whoever is on the edge with buying it... buy it - Don't hesitate. Best 200$ I've ever spent. Literally out of all the mods on my old car and this car this mod is the best thing I've ever done.

shortshift kit is a great mod!

I have the forge one on mine, have you tried the forge one or can anyone compare the 2?

my buddy has a mk6 gti stage 1 and has a forge SS and he told me after driving my car and testing out the diesel geek he is going to buy one and swap it out now. lols

A little update:

My Gf bought me some HIDs and paid for the installation for xmas... anddddd I have a good feeling that I might be getting coils soon....she keeps hinting and asking me what type of coils are good and how much they are etc etc...

anyways here's a few pics of the lights and the install, they are 6ks. I'm extremely happy with them. Clean install and the lights are awesome. They look close to oem bi xenons. Plus the DRLs don't look stupid with them now. They are 100X better than the 8ks I had on my golf. I felt like those were too blue but these are perfect.

ionk4.jpg

OH and I also put back the Carpet Mats that came extra with the car. They feel more comfortable to drive and shift in. With a size 14 shoe and being almost 6'4 that extra inch/half inch that the monsters mats take up made it hard to drive and feel comfortable. (that's not what she said :p)

A little update:

My Gf bought me some HIDs and paid for the installation for xmas... anddddd I have a good feeling that I might be getting coils soon....she keeps hinting and asking me what type of coils are good and how much they are etc etc...

If 'Carlsberg' made girlfriends ... sigh ...

Reactions: Zach1992
UPDATE! Made my car sound like a racekor. I did a res delete and I took a video in the cabin right after I got it done. I freaking love it. I love any type of exhaust period and I miss the tone of my 2.5 with a full cat back and this brings me back to that somewhat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a flyby of my res delete. I wish it sounded louder like my 2.5 but I cant complain that much. It sounds pretty raw.

So i havent updated my thread in a while.....

GOOD NEWS

2 weekends ago I won a Fully loaded APR ECU upgrade for my car at the USPmotorsports Festival of power and shine!!!

Heres a video of my reaction

BAD NEWS

so my car is having crazy electrical issues. my DRL bulb on the drivers side stays on 24/7 and it says that the bulb is out when the lights are on..... and I have this huge *** bulb out warning... and dont know what the problem is. I went to USP today to check it out because they were the ones to install my HIDS....so they ordered me new DRL bulbs to see if that would help and if not they will have to look into it more......

GOOD NEWS

on a good note i got a newsouth boost gauge installed today

487355_10152369525297588_1588113614_n.jpg

my next mod is suspension..... I could already be on air right now, but I have been saving up for something special for my gf of 4 yrs.... :wub:

UPDATE! So today I went and got my HIDs uninstalled for free and they put the orginal noyka halogens that I had in. Im going to go to the dealer this weekend and see what the problem is. OH, and also my buddy figured out how to disable those stupid orange sidemarkers the night he did vagcom for me.

295679_10152393617072588_319105574_n.jpg

ALSO! I tinted my car...... I couldnt stand the heat and the sun anymore. I went with the lightest tint possible so it didnt look tacky... here is the result. I traded the owner some design work so that came out free as well.:applaus:

554868_10152393410672588_384906975_n.jpg

Overall today was a good day and now I dont have to worry about my wiper motor blowing as well. :beer: One thing that bothers me tho is that these halogen noyka bulbs arent bright enough! :(

ONE MORE THING: My Tax return is going to be nice so I might be laying frame sooner than I thought :):)

I'm finally low again!! Install went super smooth last night, did it in 2 and a half hours or so. Theres a bit of rubbing cuz of the stock tires.

I maxxed out the rears and the fronts.

And I still need to get my fenders rolled this weekend so it should not rub anymore

Some whoring pics :)

1013542_10152594219562588_234387111_n.jpg

1044632_10152594274952588_1719254413_n.jpg

1010297_10152594279912588_12458157_n.jpg

600448_10152595399972588_825470249_n.jpg

Reactions: J.R.