Bulb change problem....

Tony shev

Reaction score
how doo people, recently purchased a 2011 a3 sline black edition,nice piece of kit may I say. Last week a dipped headlight bulb died then for today I have been sussing how to do this via YouTube etc. Real pain when you haven't done it before....well changed the headlight for a new one and the ****** doesn't want to play. Has anyone had the same problem,could do with some feedback... ta peeps....

Try moving the ballast to the other headlight and see if the issue follows if you've already tried a new D3S. Bumper will need to come off.

There's always the fuse to check. Have you got Xenons or normal Halogen lights?

thanks for the replys, i have ordered a new ballast just in case. hopefully its just that.....xenons i have....

Should have checked ballasts first though. Also, high chance that your light output color won't be identical on both sides with one new ballast. On my previous car, one side had lovely white beam whereas the other side was disgustingly blue which made me get another ballast just to have 2 of the same age.

Have not owned a car with these sort of light so this is a learning curve with me...just waiting for the parts now.see what happens. Thanks again...