build week?

Dar15

Reaction score
Recieved a call today!

Car is due to be built week commencing 23rd March.
Does anybody know what build week that would be and roughly when could I expect it to be at the dealers?

That was great news to hear on a boring Monday morning.
I can't wait!!!!!

I am going to guess on BW13 based on mine being 9 on 23rd Feb and delivery within 4 weeks of this all being well, maybe sooner, but some delays apparently at the moment so may have a knock on affect. Mine was built last week and still no further updates.

I would say thats build week 12 and then add on 4-5 weeks for production and delivery to the UK then to your dealers. You should have it week commencing 23rd April.

Hope that helps. I just picked mines up on Fri there and trust me it was well worth the wait.

Recieved a call today!

Car is due to be built week commencing 23rd March.
Does anybody know what build week that would be and roughly when could I expect it to be at the dealers?

That was great news to hear on a boring Monday morning.
I can't wait!!!!!

Nice! When did you order?

I ordered mines 10th Jan from Aberdeen Audi and it wasn't meant to be here until 28th march but got a call to say it would be ready for 6th March. 7 weeks in total. Happy days

Still grining like a cheshire cat and I've only done 180 miles lol

I ordered mines 10th Jan from Aberdeen Audi and it wasn't meant to be here until 28th march but got a call to say it would be ready for 6th March. 7 weeks in total. Happy days

Still grining like a cheshire cat and I've only done 180 miles lol

That's a quick turn around! They must of already had an allocated car.

Lucky man!

Reactions: Madmo
My timeline so far has been -
  1. 18th Feb - order put into Audi via my employer's private car scheme
  2. 23rd Feb - Audi called me to confirm spec and raise order with factory.
  3. 27th Feb - I called Audi to ask about the build week...they said week 14
  4. 3rd March - I got an e-mail from my company saying the delivery WAS 20th April but is now 1st May
  5. 4th March - I called Audi again and they said week 14 still, which suggests delivery of late April/early May but they can't be sure.
  6. 10th March - I'm looking at photos and dreaming about the S-Line steering wheel
Argh. Anyways here's to hoping that they have a similar spec they can modify...or they're just being pessimistic and it'll arrive sooner. Week 14 is 30th March to 5th April. Giving 2 weeks for delivery...yeah that's 20th April and beyond :(

Ordered mid Feb
Told yesterday build week 8 June
Delivery by end June/early July
Order form states by 31 May
Why is it taking so long?
Mighr be carless from end of may to early July
Sline with some options but nothing unusual.
Not losing any sleep, but very confused why so many people's orders vary so much

Mines pretty much the same as yours @Martha

Ordered 19th Feb. Order form said delivery in May.

Got a build week 24 yesterday which is week commencing 8th June. My dealer said the BW may come forward a couple of weeks which means I will hopefully get delivery before the end of June.

Spec is in my signature. They say it's due to high demand...

I ordered end of January.
Saloon. Can't wait

Vins,

Yeah sounds very similar, though maybe s3 and your options are a bit more exclusive than mine.

I would think that it'll probably be earlier than currently estimated. If not I might be careless.

Where are you getting yours from.?

Vins,

Yeah sounds very similar, though maybe s3 and your options are a bit more exclusive than mine.

I would think that it'll probably be earlier than currently estimated. If not I might be careless.

Where are you getting yours from.?

I really hope it does come forward!

I've ordered mine from Shrewsbury Audi, always used them and can't complain about their service.

Ordered mid Feb
Not losing any sleep, but very confused why so many people's orders vary so much

I suspect with Vins it's because it's an S3, and in a non-standard colour. I've heard that selecting custom paint is what causes the most "delay" to an order for all manufacturers...but then I heard that from a work colleague, so pinch of salt and all that...

What's your spec?

I'm wondering now if this week 14 build time they've given me will probably change. They did say it was unconfirmed.

Sped is A3 Sportback SLine 2.0 tdi 140 bhp, Scuba blue, Comfort Pack with ACC and Parking Sensors, SD sat nav, Heated Seats, interior light.

Nothing unusual.

Ordered mid Feb

Martha,

I ordered my on 31st Jan and presently build week 14. Started off at 17. + max 4 weeks to get from the factory to showroom my wait will be 13 week

If it's a factory order (not one that is already on the system that can be changed). Then it's subject to dealer allocation. If the dealer has used up all their allocation they have to wait for the next slot to be allocated. Reading on the forums this can take up to 4 weeks.

It sounds like that is what had happened to you. The actual wait from order to delivery. Is similar to what most people are experiencing at the moment for factory allocation reading other threads.

Ordered my S3 on 25th Feb and had a message today its going to be built w/c 30th March with delivery late april. Well happy with that as long as it doesn't change! :jump:

My car is build week 15 , I placed my order 20th feb , salesman said I should be getting it the back end of april

Ordered my S3 on 25th Feb and had a message today its going to be built w/c 30th March with delivery late april. Well happy with that as long as it doesn't change! :jump:

I heard that's the case with Sportbacks. Hatch's are taking longer :(

The delays or not, as the case may be, are down to the respective Audi main dealers allocation of cars that is set by Audi themselves

Was going to either order in warrington or crewe but in the end was manchester

I suspect with Vins it's because it's an S3, and in a non-standard colour. I've heard that selecting custom paint is what causes the most "delay" to an order for all manufacturers...but then I heard that from a work colleague, so pinch of salt and all that...

What's your spec?

I'm wondering now if this week 14 build time they've given me will probably change. They did say it was unconfirmed.

I think vins is sepang which is now a standard colour, mine was ordered 3rd October and I pick up Friday, finally!! Exclusive colours take much longer and also don't exactly speed up in production like other people have said on standard colours. Still it's worth the wait to have the only one in the UK in that colour for me.

Same as me! "Late April" - I was told 20th April once. Was also told 1st May another time.

Hoping they'll get it to us sooner. If they have it built and on the ship by 7th or 8th April (Tues or Weds) then it might be in the UK within a few days, and at the showroom a few days later...possibly collect on Friday 17th...definitely - :jump:

Of course that's REALLY optimistic by the looks of things.

Yeah that would be awesome but more likely end of April I think. Where you order yours? Mine's through audi coventry

I ordered back in start of December and got bw13. Think as America only recently got the s3 it pushed back alot of build time for us (UK) right hand drivers as imagine there is high demand there. Hoping delivery before end of April as at a work do for 25 and 26th...but might pull a sickie if need be

Yeah that would be awesome but more likely end of April I think. Where you order yours? Mine's through audi coventry

Mine is through Audi Slough. Fingers crossed for an early delivery!