Bubbling arch, Audi paint offer

B7wragg

Reaction score
Hey Guys.. I'm on my 1st Audi after coming from vw's.. As usual Audi can't do paint either..

After its first service at Audi under me being the new owner, I asked about the paint test and it turns out the last owner had it done and they gave me his quote.. £400 + vat is my contribution to it.. Seems a little expensive to me..

Coming from vw's I had the same issue and got the work done, on the forums it was quite common for other people to have different prices for the exact same work..?

Has any one else had any offers and what were the prices..??

What is THE PAINT TEST? I'm a new Audi owner too.

John

Basically what it is.

They have a guy with a paint depth gauge come to your car, which the gauge can measure the thickness of the paint ie paint clear coat. And he basically has a look around the area in which you feel Audi/Vw needs to carry out the corrosion warranty.

But basically with the gauge it will tell them if the paint is thick or thin etc Which if the paint is high it means the panel has usually been resprayed.

Like for example audis read around 180-250 microns. But say they read the panel and see that say the front quarter is 300 across say 4 places on the panel but then see the bonnet is 180 that usually means its been resprayed before.

The readings should be generally be within margin across the board.

Hopefully that the explanation helps.

If it's just a painted wheelarch why bother with Audi, just have Chips Away or similar do it.