Brothers.... Lend me your ears.... do I return to the fold?

My excuse for not dealing with the power on FWD...Having Vtec as my previous quick cars so obviously dealing with all the power up top, a massive 115ft-lbs at like 5k+ lol. The A4 pre-mapping was just nothing and then having 221ft-lbs at 3k is a bit of a shock! Plus as i say the front tyres are pretty dead so we`ll see tomorrow what its like with fresh rubber on.

keep rs4 as a toy, buy £650 golf tdi on ebay, done

or buy something like a gilera nexus 250 - 75 mpg on a solid run !!! and a massive 55 - 65 mpg in town

Dane why not try best of both with a 335d or something? They're prices have dropped now. Even 335i's are comming down.

Iv not read all the replys youv had, but id go for the 2.0tdi avant, my mate just bought the saloon for £5500 on a 05plate, full s-line with fsh with 118k on it, for looks they are second to non in its class imo, with 140bhp they are nippy for a big car, and as you know a simple remap will see you 175bhp with extra fuel economy, no brainer really, dont get me wrong the 8l s3 is an epic motor and obviousley a candidate but they are getting on now arnet they? And i think 6k on a 10year old car is liqorish. Dont get me started on that mk4, that guy must be smoking some serious sh1t lol

If you had a cheapo Golf diesel and an RS4 on the drive, which one do you think you'd want to jump in to drive to work? And which one would you want to drive home after a sh***y day at work? So there you are. You'd end up using the RS4 anyway. So if it's breaking the bank then sell it on and return to the fold mate.

If you had a cheapo Golf diesel and an RS4 on the drive, which one do you think you'd want to jump in to drive to work? And which one would you want to drive home after a sh***y day at work? So there you are. You'd end up using the RS4 anyway. So if it's breaking the bank then sell it on and return to the fold mate.

this is far from the truth, if finances allow, the rs4 could easily be kept as a weekend toy

Thanks for your input guys. I'm torn really, there's nothing I want to own other than my rs I don't really want to change so a making a decision for what to buy isn't easy.

And the decision to move away from 4wd is also not one I really want to make hence the 3.0tdi a4 option. Quattro and a big enough diesel to deliver some semi fun grunt.

Also I'm sure ill find myself backwards in a hedge if I get a Beemer as I've had a micra and then 3 different Audis with Quattro lol.

An old b5 diesel quatty would be an option I guess.

i would be quite happy with a mk4 golf my borther has a mk4 TDI 130 it returns 650miles to a tank driven sensibly. I m avaeraging about 26mpg in my S3. The 25th anniversary's are smart come with recaro's you just find a good speced one. Alternatively i would go for the 3.0 quattro a4 or evenconsider a BM diesel for something compleyely different. Theres always the A3 8L quattro whihc you could tune.

considering all the mileage you do. i'd say 2.0 tdi a4 avant.. or... 1.9tdi a4 avant which are good fuel cost wise and still come with enough power to enjoy em especialy after remap + the avant versions always did looked realy good :)
and think that 3.0 litre is a waste of money as its more expensive to insure ,fuel cost and just doesn't deliver that much more horsepower as you woud expect (comparing to the 1.9 tdi/2.0 tdi's)

Last edited: