Broken glove box hinge

Audiholic

Reaction score
My glovebox hinge broke on my A4 B7 today, i understand this is a common problem with them due to the gas strut seizing? , but does anyone know if they can be repaired or does it mean a complete new glovebox. It has the airbag on/off key in it, which im concerned about unplugging when removing the box, due to it possibly putting the airbag lights on. Is there a way round this without putting the light on?? :shrug:

There are number of ways people have repaired, the search function is down atm afaik, so wait until later ( or someone else will post link) then search for it in B6/7 section.

Reactions: Audiholic
As long as you don't have the key in the ignition at the time of disconnecting the air bag switch. As long as you don't put the key into the ignition while the switch is disconnected or else power goes to the airbag control module. When power is applied to the module it runs the test sequence and finds a fault so flags it up. You then need to reset this via vcds

So aslong as you keep the key out of the ignition while you have the switch disconnected you will be fine

Thanks gazthesparky, I will keep the keys well clear of the ignition when i disconnect it then!! :thumbsup: All i gotta do now is find a cheap glovebox on ebay, dont think ive got the patience to fix the old one cos i ll probably end up launching it!! :keule:

Will check this out, thanks mate:icon_thumright: will put doing mine on list of things to do on the ****** thing!!

Have just checked both these links out, and its an easier fix than i first thought!! Thanks guys :thumbsup: cant believe how much of a big problem this seems to be, so much for quality german engineering!!

Have just checked both these links out, and its an easier fix than i first thought!! Thanks guys :thumbsup: cant believe how much of a big problem this seems to be, so much for quality german engineering!!

Not had issues with mine. Although I did have the foresight to spray the mechanism with lithium grease.

Ha wow that's been my fault that my airbag light came up xD I had that switch replaced under warranty too due to VCDS picking it up as I'd had the keys in the ignition when I took the glove box out to switch out the bulb to led xD whoops :p cost audi a few hundred for no reason pretty much :p

Reactions: Audiholic
Not had issues with mine. Although I did have the foresight to spray the mechanism with lithium grease.

Wish i knew about this sooner, could have greased it before hand :slapped:

German quality engineering started circa WW2 and finished in the late 80's.
Today German engineering is no better than anyone elses and a lot worse than some ...........................
Audi fly a poor flag.