Boot Locking Problems

_a3sport

Reaction score
I have problems with the boot lock, I'm not convinced its the soft touch mircoswitch so thought I'd ask on here first. To summarise my problem:

1. If the car is locked and I double unlock on the keyfob and then push the soft touch mircoswitch to open boot it opens no problems.
2. If the car is unlocked and I push the boot unlock button on the keyfob (the light on the keyfob flashes) I hear nothing and pushing the soft touch mircoswitch does nothing.
3. So basically if I want to unlock the boot when the car is already unlocked sometimes a double unlock/soft touch mircoswitch works other times I need to lock then double unlock/soft touch mircoswitch and generally faff around like an idiot until it finally decides to work.

To me it seems like some sort of control system issue since it always unlocks when the car has been locked for a period of time. Also I should add I've only had the car 6 months I found out after purchase the boot was busted.

There is no water damage from window washer.

Any ideas?
Cheers

If the car is unlocked then don't press the remote, just use the 'soft touch'. If the car is locked then you have to press and hold the middle button to open.

If the car is unlocked then don't press the remote, just use the 'soft touch'. If the car is locked then you have to press and hold the middle button to open.

Cheers got it now, the instruction manual says press the boot unlock button, not hold. Never had boot unlock on keyfob before.