Bluetooth obd2 and Torque (Android)

Has anyone got this working for iPhone4 on their S3 with a bluetooth dongle from eBay?

think we should have a separate thread of iphone stuff as it could get confusing

think we should have a separate thread of iphone stuff as it could get confusing

Agreed, the Torque app is for Android only.

I have no idea why the Iphone won't connect mate as above the one I use is for android... sorry but hope you get it working.

Just to add aswell the 0-60 times can be a bit hit and miss, not very accurate at all but for checking fault codes and stuff it's a good app :)

Thats me selling these! I am out of stock at the moment. Alot of cheap interfaces lag and loose connection. Took a long time to find good a supplier, hope to get some more in stock soon!

I got it here Android Torque OBD OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface | eBay UK but he has put the price up now.

There are other sellers of the same product though, just make sure when you buy it's not coming from china lol or you will be waiting, long time :D

Thats me selling these! I am out of stock at the moment. Alot of cheap interfaces lag and loose connection. Took a long time to find good a supplier, hope to get some more in stock soon!

I'm happy with mine. Do me a favour though mate and return feedback... cheers :)

with the torque app its connecting fine but saying unable to communicate with my ecu is my ELM-327 duff or despite having a port is my car too early a model to work with this guys app,its a 97 and I read a 98 tdi A4 wouldnt work either,what age is your car Newt?

Just started messing with this myself.... it dosn't need the weight for 0-60 times though as thats calculated via GPS and has nothing to do with the weight of the car,,, weight is needed to help it calculate BHP/Torque although it can probably do that via the Maf GS reading which incidently on mine read a max of 147 which sounds about spot on 147/0.8 = 184 BHP car is standard other than a K&N and a Forge TIP and the origional turbo on 120000 miles

with the torque app its connecting fine but saying unable to communicate with my ecu is my ELM-327 duff or despite having a port is my car too early a model to work with this guys app,its a 97 and I read a 98 tdi A4 wouldnt work either,what age is your car Newt?

Mines a 2003 matey. I think I read that it won't work on older cars. Check out the torque website and see if you can find out whats up with it there.

Just started messing with this myself.... it dosn't need the weight for 0-60 times though as thats calculated via GPS and has nothing to do with the weight of the car,,, weight is needed to help it calculate BHP/Torque although it can probably do that via the Maf GS reading which incidently on mine read a max of 147 which sounds about spot on 147/0.8 = 184 BHP car is standard other than a K&N and a Forge TIP and the origional turbo on 120000 miles

Yeah that's why I did the weight for the BHP. You played around with 0-60 yet. I got a 0-60 in 6 seconds but I don't believe it lol.

did u put the price knowing loads of us on here would start buying them? lol

mines not working either. Same as u, it connects and the lights flash etc but it wont read from the ECU... Extremely ******! mines an elm 327 aswell. its black with an orange and blue bit on the front.

Exact same prob DaveA3,going to email the torque guy see if mines on his known bug list. Going to get bluetooth adaptor for laptop and try that too see if its succesful!

works on 2003 not sure about pre-facelift. dunno why there would be a difference? Those adapters are proper tempremental.

yeh ive put mine down to a defective unit as it didnt read from the ecu on my mates golf either and his is 2001. His didnt even connect via the bluetooth dunno whats up with that. Were thinking about just biting the bullet and getting the £100 kiwi jobby. The one that torque recommends. either that or try a wifi one instead of bluetooth

Got a cheap adaptor off ebay the other day for under £20 and connects fine on my Nexus One.

Speed and revs is pretty accurate but MPG, BHP & Torque are way off!! MPG Was showing 38 when I got home when it was really about 29!!! Max. BHP and Torque I have got is 220 & 230, I am assuming this is at the flywheel so shoud be somewehere around 300 as my S3 is mapped.
Have put the weight and engine displacement in but am I missing something else in setup???

Need to have a go at the 0-60 times etc...

Epic bump.

I bought one of these, the Elm one.

Bought Torque Pro and plugged the bluetooth sender in, it won't connect with the car.

I read on a Mk4 forum that it won't work with an AGU and will only work with a 7.5ECU+?

Anybody confirm this?

Does anybody know if they do one of these kinds of apps for blackberry? I've got one that you put in fault codes and it tells you what it means, but a code reader to go with it would be helpful lol

Epic bump.

I bought one of these, the Elm one.

Bought Torque Pro and plugged the bluetooth sender in, it won't connect with the car.

I read on a Mk4 forum that it won't work with an AGU and will only work with a 7.5ECU+?

Anybody confirm this?

i have an agu and it would never read it. worked on my dads a4 (b5 i think)

i even bought a 2nd adaptor thinking the first wsa faulty. now i have 2 i cant use n my dad aint interesting in that kid of thing.

pm me if anyone wants them

Hi guys sorry for the thread revival and if this is a stupid question, i've bought this recently as i'm trying to stay oem as possible but liked the idea of a boost gauge. Just wondered how accurate it is, i know people have said it has a little bit of lag on the display but would it over read? It shows me peaking 24 then 20 psi in 1st and 2nd then 3rd-4th holds 15 psi, just wasn't sure if i read somewhere you need to minus 4psi for atm pressure.

It will be working from what the ECU sees and yes, it is laggy... its as accurate as the data it receives when it receives it... but due to the lag then you would argue that in actual fact its not very accurate at all... if you run more than one gauge on the display then this will also add to the lag...

<tuffty/>

its great i got it to clear codes etc mainly but wonderfull app and the addpater i got off ebay for a few pop seems fine dont shell out for the £100 + adapters