Bluespark Automotive Tuning Module

garethdj

Reaction score
So as above I’ve had my car in with them for development the last couple of days.

Just had a quick drive back from picking it up and can notice the car pull harder for sure but didn’t really get enough of a proper feel.

Said he’ll send me a copy of the dyno graph, made just over 50bhp and can’t remember the torque.

If there’s interest (subject to forum approval of course) he said he’d sort out a group buy or something.

Will report back over the next few days and also get some Dragy times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think that it would entirely depend on the cost for me. A 34bhp and 34Nm increase is very modest and I doubt you'd hardly feel it generally, but the area under the curve for the torque has a good consistent chunk so imagine you'd see improvements in acceleration.

If it's £400 then it would be too much for me I think, but if it was more like £200 then I might be more tempted.

Reactions: garethdj and LayZ_Pz
I think that it would entirely depend on the cost for me. A 34bhp and 34Nm increase is very modest and I doubt you'd hardly feel it generally, but the area under the curve for the torque has a good consistent chunk so imagine you'd see improvements in acceleration.

If it's £400 then it would be too much for me I think, but if it was more like £200 then I might be more tempted.
My thoughts exactly, maybe someone can compile some charts with RaceChip, Rapid, Awesome GTI(RacingLine Stuff) and now this so we could compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
What have awesome GTI got on offer? Thought they were race chip dealers?

Great value for money for me personally, £0

Reactions: Daggerit
What have awesome GTI got on offer? Thought they were race chip dealers?

I think I was on Evil GT’s YouTube channel that they were trying a Racing Line box through AwesomeGTI?

@Daggerit

£200 you say, this isn't the 70's mate :tearsofjoy:

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, Mike.46, Daggerit and 1 other person
I think I was on Evil GT’s YouTube channel that they were trying a Racing Line box through AwesomeGTI?

Ah right, no thats a Racingline box.

To be honest I think they’re all much of a muchness in terms of gains. Racechip are quoting an ‘estimated’ 60bhp on stock (factory figures). I suppose only so much you can get out of it without a map.

Ah nice, Performance Centre. I commented on their photo about this. Good company, I've used em to do my s3, jb4 then a full remap. I'll go the jb4 route again once developed I think.

Reactions: garethdj
To be honest I think they’re all much of a muchness in terms of gains. Racechip are quoting an ‘estimated’ 60bhp on stock (factory figures). I suppose only so much you can get out of it without a map.

Guess you can go only so far before touching timing? And AFAIK those boxes don't modify it?
Jeeez don’t look at JB4 then

I remember there was one person here with a JB4 test unit, hopefully it's coming soon as I would trust a JB4 more than the others.

Reactions: Daggerit
Guess you can go only so far before touching timing? And AFAIK those boxes don't modify it?

I remember there was one person here with a JB4 test unit, hopefully it's coming soon as I would trust a JB4 more than the others.
I think you're exactly right with the timing thoughts. Basically just a boost increase with some monitoring of the camshaft position as well, but can't alter the timing to maximise things or account for different octane fuels as far as I can make out.