Black smoke!

KGH

Reaction score
Ok, so I've recently bought my Audi a few months back. Ever since I've had there have been uncountable problems with it. But the main one that seems to persist is the black smoke, also it seems there's next to no torque until it reaches around 2000rpm then kicks out a lump of black smoke then continues on okay... Until I go up a gear.

The main problem was, without my knowledge, the car had been sold to me with a dodgy remap (found out, now has been remapped back to stock standards and had to have a new turbo due to the previous owner), the remap was forcing to much fuel into the injectors which then had me have to replace 3 of them on top of paying for the remap and new turbo.

Anyhow back to the most recent problem, the black smoke and lagging is still a problem, I've had a new Bosch power flow meter fitted to see if that would help, but didn't make to much of a difference. I'm going to be cleaning the EGR valve today, to see if that helps. But has anyone else had a problem similar and if so what have you done to remedy it? As its a beautiful car just a bit embarrassing with a trail off black smoke following.

Any replies would be appreciated
Thank you in advance