1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday presents... old before your time?!

DarkBunny Mar 30, 2016

1. DarkBunny

DarkBunny Active Member Team Sprint Audi S3

So, today is my birthday and being that I never really know what I want, and also appreciate that a £2.5k exhaust, induction, hpfp & remap is probably out of my wifes budget range I asked for a Karcher power washer from her, and a fitness aerobic step from the team at work (I'm really getting into XBox Fitness at home!)...

However - I being told that it's all a bit lame.... Am I getting too old before my time (I'm only 33)...???

What would you normally ask for when it's your birthday (and do you get it?!)

Sandra likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Happy Birthday. I always ask for concert tickets or tickets for a show. I always get a big Lego car to build, I have a nice collection. I got a Le Mans car that I building at the moment. I like surprises and I always get what I ask for :)

4. DarkBunny

Thanks!

Hmmm, I'd not thought about concert tickets - will have to remember that for future brithdays!

I just 'use' with my son's Lego, so no need to get my own (until he's too old and wants to keep it to himself!)

Sandra likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Concert tickets are always good. I off to see Muse in few weeks time. I'm afraid I have to have my own Lego models as my sons took theirs away when they got their own places. :)

DarkBunny likes this.
  6. Jake 61

Jake 61 Teacher of bad things..! Team Brill Red Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

Happy birthday.
    I was pestered for what I wanted last year and my birthday is one week before Christmas, so you never know what to expect. As it happens, I am into photography, so there are plenty of options.
    I got the shock of my life when I opened the box on the day and found a camera drone, inexpensive one, but good fun and pictures all the same.
    Always remember, "He who expects nothing is seldom disappointed"
    Anything after that is a bonus.

Gee whizz, @Sandra, that's an impressive line of banners you have now, I've been on back shift for too long, didn't notice.... x

DarkBunny and Sandra like this.
  7. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Black Edition quattro

Im a simple being & tell people not to get me anything as i dont really want for anything or need anything & if i did id just go buy it myself, saves there time thinking & there money potentially wasted.

Altho, Mrs CarbonMike got me tickets for the first race of the DTM season this year at Hockenheim so we'll be going there in a few weeks. And then bought me some flying lessons so that should be good fun too!

Got her a supercar day for her birthday, a bit yawnfest for me as i work with that kinda stuff daily but she seemed to love the idea so meh.

8. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

Happy Birthday :)

DarkBunny likes this.
  9. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 Audi S4 saloon Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Happy Birthday mate, as my Bday is early Jan i ask to go to Fenwicks in Twells and get some decent sale price clothes and a box of golf balls that seem to last me about a year.

10. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group

Happy Birthday hope you had a good day,

For me i get lots of JD not just to drink as i'm a serious collector and have bottles worth meany ££££

DarkBunny likes this.
  11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group Manual

I usually get clothes now or a pair of trainers, the usual now, aftershave etc.....

Happy birthday by the way :)

Sandra and DarkBunny like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Audimad

Audimad Well-Known Member

Don't do birthdays anymore. If the wife or i want anything we just buy it.

jdp1962 likes this.
  14. Eigdoog

Eigdoog ±§~Quadzackular~§± Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro

Worse "can everybody chip in and get me a 2.5k exhaust" thread ever! :tearsofjoy:

15. DarkBunny

Here, I never thought of that :rockwoot:

16. devo

devo Active Member

Cant go wrong with something for the car.I couldn't give a fiddler's about b'days but the missus's starts a week before hers and continues a week after!!!ffs she's over 40 and needs to get a grip!!!slippers as a gift are a bad sign!!

DarkBunny likes this.
  17. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

Yup, same here.