BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

Reactions: Jake 61
Looking again you are right, Taking too much notice in things i think :D

Its your fault BH getting your car so shiney ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I did the xenon match fog light upgrade yesterday. Like everyone has said 5 minute job & makes such a difference.
Couldn't get a decent enough photo, so hence no photo lol
Thanks to @StuBill & @ruairi83 for info in this thread -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/replacement-h8-fog-light-bulbs-for-b8-5-s4.205758/

The fog lights are obviously a token gesture by Audi on the B8.5 A4/S3's, being only OEM 35w bulbs (yes I know more powerful are availiable but I don't want to melt the fog light reflectors) & oblong

Must admit I would have preferred the cleaner look without the front fogs are, like the S3's have

On my 2009 B8 A4 they were round and OEM 55w circular mutha's which really cut they way thro' the fog

Reactions: ruairi83 and Blackwhite
Are you sure? look like flying saucers to me

Underside shot. Not the best photo I know, but you get the jist :)

I'm not into underbody detailing but I know some who are ;)

zo2SGId.jpg

Door sills -

tb3F564.jpg

Reactions: ruairi83 and Blackwhite
Raise you a "what does a sport diff look like?" :)

P1050687 Large
P1050688 Large

Reactions: ruairi83, Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Great timimg, @scotty76. I should be inspecting mine in about two hours' time.
@jdp1962 - You know the ASN rules Jeff - Picture's or it didn't happen ;) lol
Jeff, it was paranoia when I got mine that drove my to look for it. Was sure I'd end up having paid for it and not got it as it was an option I added later. :)
Funny that @scotty76 I did that with the damper control. Pleased it's not just me then lol

Reactions: ruairi83 and scotty76
Jeff, it was paranoia when I got mine that drove my to look for it. Was sure I'd end up having paid for it and not got it as it was an option I added later. :)

LoL.
If you can change it's settings in ADS Individual, you can be sure it's fitted :)

Raise you a "what does a sport diff look like?" :)

Great design isn't it? That cylinder is the actuator which is placed just in the right position and without any cover so that it can get damaged. I have seen two reports of damaged solenoids/motors on the web, and in one case the owner confirmed that the car was lowered. I have no plans to lower mine (having lived with 'speed-bump fear' with by B5 for over 10 years), and especially not with such a vulnerable sports diff!

Make sure you wear your Sun glasses Mr hound that car is like a mirror:respekt:

Been out today playing with the Damper Control (thro' ADS). I was going up and down the same stretch of road in each of the mode's to test 'em. Must have looked odd but it was all in the name of science lol
I don't have MMI, so no individual mode for me

Efficiency mode - Similar to comfort. But, sorry, I didn't buy an S4 to drive around in efficiency mode!
Comfort - somewhere between SE & S-line suspension
Auto - somewhere between s-line & sports suspension
Dynamic - Sorta speaks for itself ;)

That is an amazing bit of kit I must say. So many different cars in one
Well worth the £300

Speaking of dynamic mode. I must be in the minority as I like the way the whole car drives in this mode. Love the snappy gear changes and the way the car is set up as a whole

I've also noticed that all four brakes a shifting some serious amounts of brake dust. Could be just the way I'm driving I suppose ... lol

After today, the car is covered in dead bugs. So a clean is looming :)

Reactions: Hear-Vier, scotty76 and AndyB-S3
With ya BH. Been using dynamic (engine & gearbox) more and more lately. I like it a lot.
I even like it in slow moving traffic, as it just uses 1st and 2nd as I would manually, rather than hunting up and down the gearbox constantly.
The only thing I found I don't like, is that in 'real world' driving scenarios, it can sometimes downshift mid bend if you are off throttle........ = boooo :-(
(yes, I know you should be on steady throttle through bends, but it doesn't always work out that way :))

Reactions: Hear-Vier, Keef and Bristle Hound
I agree too. Dynamic mode gets the best out of the car. I just feel that it's pointless to be in dynamic when driving around my village at 20-30mph, or just having to follow a queue of cars when there's no chance of overtaking.

I guess I could live without individual, but only if I had the same ADS buttons as the pre-facelift. It's a bit annoying to have to use the single button to change mode if I can't be bothered to change the MMI to select it that way. I wish the single button was more intelligent and a single push would change to the 'last mode selected', in which case I could use it to toggle between individual and dynamic.

......just wait until you decide to try out launch control. Had mine a year and decided to give it a go the other day, just so I know how it works and all that. Where it was safe and legal to use it to 60.

Glad I took a spare pair of scrunts with me. Wasn't expecting it to be so brutal and was leaning forward slightly in the seat....damn near gave myself whiplash.

Reactions: Hear-Vier, Keef, scotty76 and 2 others
......just wait until you decide to try out launch control. Had mine a year and decided to give it a go the other day, just so I know how it works and all that. Where it was safe and legal to use it to 60.

Glad I took a spare pair of scrunts with me. Wasn't expecting it to be so brutal and was leaning forward slightly in the seat....damn near gave myself whiplash.
@opelfruit - Itching to try LC but will wait until I hit 1000 miles then the gloves are off! lol

First wash yesterday (after the Detail)
I used this for the first time, altho' I have the same shampoo in 2 other 'flavours'. This one is coconut lol

WRAU7S0.jpg

Spot the non-intentional mistake on the label ;)

When I was intending to buy a S3 saloon I bought a couple of these as the S3's ciggy lighter's are not covered so I thought I may as well use one on the S4's front ciggy lighter socket

iQTM7FF.jpg

Audi part no. 4HO 919 311

Before -

0D3DNxd.jpg

After -

8uc2Y7j.jpg

Match's all the in the interior dials perfectly

This morning, I finally got round to putting the new front interior mats in, so I had a little play lol

ndKDPoj.jpg

FpnK6GT.jpg

My wife thinks I have way too much time on my hands to be messing around putting 'lawn mower' stripes in my car mats!

I was doing some more reading of the Owners Manual last night and thought this lift from it may be interesting to those that have ADS/Damper Control/Sports Diff/Dynamic Steering/ACC

DAY2Wn7.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite
:dogface:Beautiful Pics BH! I Love Coconut! :yum:

LOL at lawnmower stripes...it's amazing what things you can pick up on a forum and then what to try.
I would never of guessed I would want to do this in 1,000,000 years. But now I've seen it, well it's got to be done ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Reactions: jdp1962
Spot the man that doesn't have 5yr old and a 2yr old as regular passengers in his S4 :)

I'd show you a pic of my foot well carpet but it may cause cardiac arrest, so I won't.

However, I do enforce a strict 'no vomiting' policy.

Reactions: MattS5, Chop. and Chiefbadger