BG 44K Fuel additive / engine carbon cleaner on 2.0 TFSI

Klickflip

Quattro 4 life
Reaction score
Has anyone used this on a 2.0TFSI in Particular? Or any other engines.

Apparently BG 44K cleans the fuel system and engine form carbon buildups. However some limitations apparently on a direct injection FSI engine.

Wondering if my 92k miles engine would benefit and give better mpg.
I have read varying posts doing a web search , some from nothing to people getting 5-10mpg better and better response from engine.

Also concerned that any carbon soot build up could be helping seal the piston rings , and something that strips some of that away could bring on the oil consumption issue.

Any thoughts or experiences would be great.

Do you use V Power in your car or normal unleaded?

Do you use V Power in your car or normal unleaded?
V power 80% of the time and `Tesco Momentum 99 the rest, then Sainsbury's `super 97 if I'm stuck.

However I've only had it 2 months , so unsure how well it's been fed the rest of its life.

I doubt it would do much to help as the 2.0 TFSI is direct injection. There is a company called R - TECH who offer a complete carbon removal service. I saw it advertised on their facebook page a while ago. If you visit their page you'll see that these guys know the 2.0 TFSI back to front. The service they offer includes removing the intake manifold and walnut blasting it removing all the carbon build up. They also clean your injectors and replace all the seals as well and cleaning your high pressure fuel pump. They are recommending its done at every 60,000 miles to prevent excessive buildup. They want around £300 to do the service. I will be doing it on mine when it reaches 60,000

Reactions: Klickflip
I doubt it would do much to help as the 2.0 TFSI is direct injection. There is a company called R - TECH who offer a complete carbon removal service. I saw it advertised on their facebook page a while ago. If you visit their page you'll see that these guys know the 2.0 TFSI back to front. The service they offer includes removing the intake manifold and walnut blasting it removing all the carbon build up. They also clean your injectors and replace all the seals as well and cleaning your high pressure fuel pump. They are recommending its done at every 60,000 miles to prevent excessive buildup. They want around £300 to do the service. I will be doing it on mine when it reaches 60,000
£300 sounds fine for that

£300 sounds fine for that

Hi there. How did you go with this? I'm in a similar situation to you. I've also reached out to terraclean and engine carbon clean so I'll share the responses shortly as one of them has a treatment for the injectors.

But keen to hear more about r tech.

Does Anyone know if they also do sump pick up with this?