Beware anyone dealing with this person

Jaack

Reaction score
username: rs3ego

I sent money to this person Over two months ago to buy some leather seats for my a4 and he kept telling me that they are on the way, then when it got to the stage where I had to contact the police he claimed that he was having an issues with the courier pickup (had previously told me that the courier had already picked them up) then told me that he will refund me, I’ve been waiting weeks on a refund and I’ve gotten countless excuses from him. NFIB (national fraud intelligence bureau) are now investigating.

Not to try and pour salt on your wounds but I hope people take this as a cautionary tale. Never pay for anything of value on forums without Paypal protection.

There’s too many wilful or accidental scammers about. They either deliberately steal your money or end up with some kind of sob-story.

Reactions: Raiden
Ouch, that is so frustrating! On a previous heavily modified car I owned, I stripped it and put it back to standard. I sold over 30 items, even made a spreadsheet with all the info on for each item and buyer etc. I had a few messers but generally everyone was a like minded petrol head and I didn't get done over once. There are some scammers out there, but not all.
I've never heard of people getting NFIB or police involved but good on you, I think you are fully justified in doing so. Good luck!