best polish to use with electric buffer

Nathen

Reaction score
hi just wondering what the best polish would be to use with an electric buffer/polisher. any advice on the subject would be great thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hi just wondering what the best polish would be to use with an electric buffer/polisher. any advice on the subject would be great thanks

Meguiars 305 with Chemical guys Hexlogic white pads. For a lighter polish I use dodo juice light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meguiars 305 with Chemical guys Hexlogic white pads. For a lighter polish I use dodo juice light

OK, I'm a big fan of Maguires products so will defiantly check that out, and will check dodo juice out as never heard of them till now.

what buffers do you guys use, I havnt got one yet I'll be getting one next month but not to sure which is the best cus I'm sure there's different types and different pads u can get for it and what not, I've seen this one that's fairly cheap on amazon I'll post a pic of it, im not sure about it theres no reviews anywhere on it n I want a decent one.
b389c142741b1c41bfdb1c097871f519.jpg

what buffers do you guys use, I havnt got one yet I'll be getting one next month but not to sure which is the best cus I'm sure there's different types and different pads u can get for it and what not, I've seen this one that's fairly cheap on amazon I'll post a pic of it, im not sure about it theres no reviews anywhere on it n I want a decent one.
b389c142741b1c41bfdb1c097871f519.jpg

Have you used a machine polisher before ?

@Nathen I'd go with a Dual Action polisher. The one you have linked in above could easily burn your paint if not used properly. Don't get me wrong, in the correct hands it would do the job a lot faster than a DA but you risk making mistakes that could cost you a pretty pen.
I have a DAS 6. Think it's now a DAS6 Pro. You can get packages like the one above on eBay, Amazon and also on Slims (site sponsor).
I personally like using Megs Ultimate Compound with a Purple Hexalogic Pad. Gets most things out that I've had to. Now had my DA 5 years and wouldn't be without it.

Got me a dodo juice 'buff daddy' and it does the trick.

@Nathen I'd go with a Dual Action polisher. The one you have linked in above could easily burn your paint if not used properly. Don't get me wrong, in the correct hands it would do the job a lot faster than a DA but you risk making mistakes that could cost you a pretty pen.
I have a DAS 6. Think it's now a DAS6 Pro. You can get packages like the one above on eBay, Amazon and also on Slims (site sponsor).
I personally like using Megs Ultimate Compound with a Purple Hexalogic Pad. Gets most things out that I've had to. Now had my DA 5 years and wouldn't be without it.
yh that's what I heard about, burning paint and what not, I don't want to do that and I did hear about duel action being best for beginners to, I'm glad I asked the question now :) thanks for the advice it's been very helpful. will have a look at some DA polishers then :)

Reactions: Scottyg
Got me a dodo juice 'buff daddy' and it does the trick.

people seem to be recommending this dodo juice a lot I'll have a gander, thanks.

people seem to be recommending this dodo juice a lot I'll have a gander, thanks.

Can't go wrong with there stuff. I always get good results.

When I use the DA with dodo super natural machine stick the wax lasts about 7-8 months.

Get on there forum and the boys there are really helpful.

Otherwise on a budget 'obsessive detail' & 'BD clean' do some good gear

When I use the DA with dodo super natural machine stick the wax lasts about 7-8 months.

I'll check out there products and probably treat myself to a few when I get payed haha, thanks for the recommending them n will defiantly check them out.

is this the product you were talking about?
135b9732b1db118d90a1b8f44000ca41.jpg

Megs 205 for cut but dodo juice fine cut for clarity

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathen
Megs 205 for cut but dodo juice fine cut for clarity

thanks think I'm gonna go for dodo juice :)

Audi paint is really hard so be prepared to work at it

Your pads make a difference but start off least aggressive and work up cos once it's off you can't put it back with out a respray. Which pads and machine have you got?

Your pads make a difference but start off least aggressive and work up cos once it's off you can't put it back with out a respray. Which pads and machine have you got?

I havnt got one yet I'm looking at either of these or if you have one that you can recommend
685a61073733a19eb41d3a1987ee2073.jpg

37ed48a53df22f5530bf6a28fc664729.jpg

Get the one form cleanyourcar (when its back in stock) and apply this code 'DAS6GROUPBUY' to save £15.

Im personally a massive fan of microfibre pads paired with the Megs MF cutting compound.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machi...optics-orange-cutting-pad-5-5-/prod_1395.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/meguiars-da-microfiber-correction-compound/prod_962.html

Would then refine the finish with a white hex-logic foam pad and something like Megs 205

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-p...-205-ultra-finishing-polish-8oz/prod_823.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machi...al-guys-white-quantum-pad-5-5-/prod_1680.html

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
I have the dodo juice one

I have the dodo juice one

is it any good? I suppose your technique goes along way with one of these polishers to. but how do you find it, is it easy to use?

Get the one form cleanyourcar (when its back in stock) and apply this code 'DAS6GROUPBUY' to save £15.

Im personally a massive fan of microfibre pads paired with the Megs MF cutting compound.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machi...optics-orange-cutting-pad-5-5-/prod_1395.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/meguiars-da-microfiber-correction-compound/prod_962.html

Would then refine the finish with a white hex-logic foam pad and something like Megs 205

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-p...-205-ultra-finishing-polish-8oz/prod_823.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machi...al-guys-white-quantum-pad-5-5-/prod_1680.html
thanks for the discount code, have had a quick scan of the links will have a proper look later as I'm at work.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Don't forget to clay the car first. Little trick online I learnt was to spritz 'quick detail' on the pad before it touches the car so it doesn't do any damage

Don't forget to clay the car first. Little trick online I learnt was to spritz 'quick detail' on the pad before it touches the car so it doesn't do any damage

yh I'll be very careful believe me, I can imagine I'll be doing a lot of research and watching videos online for the best methods and techniques to get the best result with out damaging the paint work in anyway. thanks for advice.

On youtube Ammo NYC gives good advice with DA polishing. But he does go a bit

On youtube Ammo NYC gives good advice with DA polishing. But he does go a bit
OK will definatly check it out, thanks.

Junkman2000 is food as well I find it good to watch a lot and pick the common features and tune it how you feel it does best

Reactions: Raiden
Junkman2000 is food as well I find it good to watch a lot and pick the common features and tune it how you feel it does best

sound advice, I'll take that in mind thank you.