Best place to buy RS4 Copies

3.2 Ju said:
All the OEM A3 alloys I've seen have been ET54, I think that's why running ET45 can cause rubbing issues.

Probably do, but I won't have any rubbing issues Ju I'll make sure of it! The lowest offset is ET42, so I wonder what thats like...:think:

If stock offset on a 8" wheel is 54 and replica is 45 on a 8" that's only 9mm of a difference which is nothing really.

Am I right in thinking some originals are a 7.5" wheel?

Yeah, mine are 7.5 x 18 ET 54. My old RS4's were 8 x 19 ET45 and did rub.

They did look nice though with the lower offset, I know it's only 9mm, but you can see the difference.

N8KOW said:
When they goin on maars??? Springs arrived yet?
Next week...springs are on order from Germany.

If you're still after some 19" RS4 reps there are some on ebay.de:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150214813130
02.jpg

maars said:
If you're still after some 19" RS4 reps there are some on ebay.de:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150214813130
02.jpg

Yip! I have noticed them, these are exact same size and offset of the Velocity Wheel which fits, it's not the best offset due to the wheel being 8.5" but why would anyone pay £1200+ without delivery etc when you can buy a better fitting replica here in UK for £400, I'm pulling the trigger today on the UK Wheel which is 19 x 8, 45 offset and mounting a 235/30/19 tyre, this way it will give me more accurate speedo reading and a better fit so no rubbing issue with the rear, I will also get a tyre that is more rounded at edge, lucky as my friend is Branch Manager at Kwik Fit. I decided on the cheaper UK wheel as the wife drives the car nearly everyday, she thinks wheels and kerbs are sexual partners! Ok close up they are not as good as Mikebn's but I don't want heart failure if the wheel is badly kerbed.

The ebay.de rims are listed as "orig. Audi" - not sure if that means they are OEM rather than copies, hence the price???

Not sure about 235/30s, which are 623mm diameter. The 225/40/18s (OEM on S-Line) are 637mm diameter so with your 30s you'll be running a smaller overall diameter.

See http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Guys,

The wheels shouldn't be an issue I'm running ET42 19x8 with 235/35 rubber.
I'm also an 25 mm lower at the rear and 40 mm in the front.

car6.JPG

If your not lowering the car the only mod needed is to round head screw holding the rear fender and replace with flat head screw.
If you're going suspension then dial some neg camber in the rear during alignment.

There's no rubbing in normal circumstances but with 3 passengers there will be a slight rub on cornering and speed humps.
Also remember that the tyre is only rubbing on the inner plastic guards (occasional rubber to plastic contact is not an issue)
Important part is to keep all metal surfaces well clear from the tyres. The plastic inner guards can be removed if the noise
bugs you - but in all honesty its very rare you carry a full house and take sharp corners at the same time...

Pity Freight is so exxy from here with exchange rates the rims would set you back 708GBP + postage

Cheers
Mike