Best baby seat pram combo

73pop

Reaction score
Boot space is short in the s3 sport back! so just looking for experiences of other owners of what they used?
will be a newborn, won't know if its a boy or girl.
Something that is easy up and down would be good too.

thanks lee

Reactions: pburv
Boot space is short in the s3 sport back! so just looking for experiences of other owners of what they used?
will be a newborn, won't know if its a boy or girl.
Something that is easy up and down would be good too.

thanks lee
We had a few prams before we settled on this one...
http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Baby_Jog...X8TCHUg1W8Q26cJvpuywiqFnfHTtuGRZpoaApyB8P8HAQ
Classic post mate..Wish I thought of doing it when our little one came along...:friends:
As for the pram I suggested you could operate the opening and closing with just one hand.A brilliant bit of kit just read the on line reviews of it...You will find it fits directly in the back of your car.We had it with our 8p black edition :readit:

Last edited:
Reactions: 73pop
We had a few prams before we settled on this one...
http://www.kiddicare.com/p/Baby_Jog...X8TCHUg1W8Q26cJvpuywiqFnfHTtuGRZpoaApyB8P8HAQ
Classic post mate..Wish I thought of doing it when our little came along...:friends:
As for the pram I suggested you could operate the opening and closing with just one hand.A brilliant bit of kit just read the on line reviews of it...You will find it fits directly in the back of your car.We had it with our 8p black edition :readit:
Just read your post title properly..lol What a numpty I am.
The car seat pram combo we had was a graco..
here's one on ebay which was identical to the one we had...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graco-Travel-System-Pushchair-With-Car-Seat-And-Raincover-/262398802018
It was ideal for the first nine months Then we moved onto the city jogger..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and 73pop
we have a bugaboo buffalo (black base with cream covers / canopy as were in the same situation) also got a kiddy car seat lets you have them sitting up in the car then also be flat when using the car seat with the pram.

The pram was expensive the car seat was average cost.

Want the best for them, much like you want the best with your audi

we have a bugaboo buffalo (black base with cream covers / canopy as were in the same situation) also got a kiddy car seat lets you have them sitting up in the car then also be flat when using the car seat with the pram.

The pram was expensive the car seat was average cost.

Want the best for them, much like you want the best with your audi
so can the car seat be removed from the car and attached to the pram base?

bugaboo looks good, not to fussed about price as its first baby and at 42 guess prob my last.

Reactions: Sandra and Rob2k68
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Should have put isofix base in as well, i did see a three on them but can't find it now

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
so can the car seat be removed from the car and attached to the pram base?

bugaboo looks good, not to fussed about price as its first baby and at 42 guess prob my last.

Yeah seat can either be on isofix base or in with seatbelt (we use isofix as so easy in and out) the seat can then go on to the bugaboo frame.

If out in the car going somewhere we use the car seat and base, if a walk from house we use the frame and bugaboo pram bit at the moment at 6 months will change to push chair attachment.

All so easy to use and well made

Car seat gets great reviews and lasts longer / up to heavier weight than others so can use till circa 15 months.

Everyone comments on the pram as most have I candy etc.. So the bugaboo stands out

Reactions: pburv and 73pop
Yeah seat can either be on isofix base or in with seatbelt (we use isofix as so easy in and out) the seat can then go on to the bugaboo frame.

If out in the car going somewhere we use the car seat and base, if a walk from house we use the frame and bugaboo pram bit at the moment at 6 months will change to push chair attachment.

All so easy to use and well made

Car seat gets great reviews and lasts longer / up to heavier weight than others so can use till circa 15 months.

Everyone comments on the pram as most have I candy etc.. So the bugaboo stands out
think we might have a winner

Best to Go to a pram centre have a play with them all, see what mum prefers.

Then Internet to buy... Saves £££

We got the buffalo as looks a bit more rugged and walk lots with the dog, there are smaller ones in the range also.

The bugaboo can also go to bits and wash it all should they throw up to it get dirty, don't think many others could do that.

Amazon was cheapest for lots of bits, and the little person needs lots.

Think we need a Q7 for going anywhere not A3

When we had our little one 2 years ago the partner had a beetle convertible.
Now that's short on space
As said above we went to a local pram centre and ended up settling for a oyster gem
Only one that would fit in the boot but it was a three piece pram
Car seat, travel cot and stroller
Believe you can get it in Isofix too

Only just seen this thread.
I'm a bit of a car seat geek.
The pram we settled on was a Mothercare Orb...then a Maxi cosi cabriofix with Isofix base.

The Car seat clips out extremely easily, then straight onto the Orb pram (adapters for Maxi cosi). The Orb pram is ace as you can lift the handle above and then the whole system can be turned 360 degrees. So you can have the pram front or rear facing and if you go out to a restaurant etc, you can pull the pram upto to table and turn it 90 degrees whilst you relax and the handle can be upright to save room in tight places whilst parked.
Also, the main pram part is just one piece that changes into all of the different carry cot, pram etc.
Whatever you decide though...definitely go for Isofix! It's the best and safest way. Rear face the child as long as you can. My lad is 2 1/2 now and we have Cybex Sironas for each car...they are amazing. You can use them from birth but they can't be taken out and put on a pram so the Maxi cosi is best for that.
Rear facing is 80% safer and recommend for as long as possible. Cybex Sironas spin round for easy access and can be front facing at a certain weight. My lad loves rear facing and the seat is very well put together...expensive but your child is precious!

Thanks for the suggestions guys give some reading to do tonight

Reactions: SmileyS3, Sandra and pburv
Thanks for the suggestions guys give some reading to do tonight
Just remember when you spec up the pram you won't get your money back come trade in time...lol:whistle2:
Good luck with choosing your pram and don't hesitate in letting us all know which one you choose..
Like I said a cracking post. Wish I had thought about it a few years back...:friends:

Reactions: 73pop and Rob2k68
Maxi Cosi here too on their isofix base first the Pebble then the Pearl and now a Recaro Moza Nova 2. Used in conjunction with the Quinny Buzz 3 wheeler but to be fair that was quite bulky and impossible to fold with one hand. Stroller wise can recommend the Maclaren Quest, we had the Beatles Yellow Submarine limited edition which was a bit different and nice and brightly coloured.

Reactions: 73pop and pburv
Little update.my boy Sam arrived this morning 10lb4.5oz
IMG 2657

Reactions: SmileyS3, Sandra, Simon L and 3 others
Will list what ideas I went with later thanks for the advice

Congratulations...we due our second in about 3 weeks!

Reactions: 73pop, Sandra and pburv
Congratulations buddy ( and to the lady of the house too, of course )

Somewhat strangely for this forum, nobody seems to have mentioned mods, remaps, etc

Reactions: SmileyS3, 73pop and pburv
@73pop congrats on birth of baby Sam he looks adorable. :) x
@SmileyS3 the next few weeks will fly in, don't forget to keep us updated. :) X

Reactions: SmileyS3, 73pop and pburv