BCM not remembering settings

George Kost

Reaction score
Hello,
A3 2010 model, 09/2009 build, facelift, 1.4 TFSI.
I have a problem where the BCM wont remember some settings after lock and unlock the car.

I have changed the adaptation for Comfort Turn Signals from 3 to 4,
and enabled "Mirror dip on reverse" after changing mirror motor and door module.

Everything works as it should.
I left the car (unlocked) without the key on ignition and try again, still everything works as it should.

I locked the car and unlocked it right away, and the two features didn't work any more.
I checked again with VCDS and the options are all enabled, just don't work. For example the adaptation for Comfort turn signals was stored as "4".
So the BCM stores the values. It just not apply them.

BCM
Part No SW: 8P0 907 063 A HW: 8P0 907 063 A
Component: BCM PQ35 M 105 0563

Is there a problem with the BCM, or is the BCM not highline enough or something similar?
Any ideas?

I attach a full scan of the car.
Things that are retrofitted by me and work always are:
Cruise control, MFSW buttons, Hill control assist, Cornering lights, Park assist PDC + PLA, Puddle and Warning lights.

Best regards,
George

Attachments

• Log-WAUZZZ8P9AA057888-135570km-84239mi.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 74
I found on a similar post of mk6 golf,
Some A3 users had to change the workshop code to 05311 123 12345.
Tried it but no luck.
After locking the car and unlocking it, the changes stop working.
@Troubs12 any ideas?

Hiya boss sorry I’ve been abit manic here lately. I’ve not heard of the issue before but I’ve also not tried to change many adaptions. I’ll try it out and report back later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: George Kost
Just a thought but there’s not anything like a security access for adaptions is there? I can’t remember and I’ve not had chance to check on mine

There is a security access but it is in the main page of the module.
On the main page of the module,
1. I hit adaptations for the comfort turn signals,
2. I hit coding (long code) for the dip mirror on reverse.
It didn’t cross my mind to also hit the security access before applying changes. But I can try it tomorrow.

Old screenshot I found form the 09. Cent. Elect.

Attachments

• ele01.jpg
    ele01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 76
I never had to for my mirror dip but I coded tmps to my dash the other week and had to do the security access before it would let me. Normally it wouldn’t let you into the channel without putting the code in if it needs it but it’s worth a try I suppose.

Sorry I’ll be of more use next week there’s a lot of stuff on over here. Only just starting to see daylight again.

No problem mate, thanks for the info!
For both the adaptation for the turn signals and the coding for the mirror dip, I was able to do it without been asked for security access.
And if I login again in the module, all changes are stored. They simply are not applied.
When ever suits you and have time, give it a go.
In the meanwhile I will try again tomorrow with the security access first.

Did try to enter the security access but VCDS won't populate the yellow info ballon with the code.
So I couldn't know what code to enter unfortunately.

Hello,
I also tried to remove the battery terminal. No luck.
I am out of ideas.

All sorted out after replacing the BCM to a newer version.
Old: 8P0 907 063 A
New: 8P0 907 063 G
Recoded all options according to the old module, paired the keys and everything works great.
Thanks @Troubs12 for all the suggestions and thanks @NHN for the WhatsApp chat we had.
Cheers!

Reactions: Mr_Dude