BCM swap

Jambo26

Reaction score
Hey guys

just a few questions about this. Where is the BCM located in the car. Is it just a straight swap for a similar unit and what other module codes change if I was to swap my BCM. Or is it just the central elec codes to change on both BCM's

the plan is to swap my BCM with one from another car at work with the correct software I need.

body control module fella. i think it the module for the central electronics.

oh right the central electrics module? do you have a part number of what module you have? and a number of what you want to fit in?

Just take screen shots of your current CE module, not copy/paste the coding across, as newer modules move things about sometimes, then fit new module & tick/code the relevant features that your screen dumps state, also do a controller map of the adaptation channels to check these aswell.

You have an 063 facelift module iirc & I suspect you're changing this for being able to code led's or was that another member Jambo?

hi Ash

I havnt had a chance to get part numbers yet. I will post numbers when i get them.

Hi NHN

these may be a stupid set of questions so here goes, how do you take screen shots? also what is a controller map and how do i do this. and the most important question where is the module lol. Im thinking of changing the module to the later one so i can code the genuine LED plate lights. you have the right Jambo NHN

Thanks guys for you help. its much appreciated