BBS Speedlines - What colour?

Sean_

Reaction score
Getting my speedlines refurbed and powdercoated in the next week or so and looking to get peoples general opinions on the colour.

I'm fairly set on my way about a dark anthracite but can't seem to find many colours online which really sells it for me! Here is some that I've found online, let me know your thoughts or you can share examples of other shades of anthracite that you think will suit my car well.

Option 1. (Gloss)
149ac9de659cc0c5b851989f6cb15b16.jpg

a22de2707d22c63b3dd17450bea4a493.jpg

46817a4ff3100c82766f414b846d99de.jpg

Option 2. (Matte)
c0a219a7eab9bebc3d02fdd23cb484eb.jpg

c8acd622322a1dff0ba67c1c5c1c36cc.jpg

831f0a19d26cf15af1d17d39f8f1efd6.jpg

0098c5090c5f39332078dc807b872571.jpg

Here is a picture of what they could look like on my car. Mine is also a black B7, all the chrome is being wrapped black next week.

77c6a26c21cff9100616e0e112dd4376.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
has to be gloss chap....but don't change too much on your car to black, I know its a personal choice thing but sometimes you need some contrast , chrome may not be everyones taste but it does break up a single colour scheme very well, you can have too much black in my view.....but that is just my view.
very nice wheels all the same.

Reactions: Sean_
has to be gloss chap....but don't change too much on your car to black, I know its a personal choice thing but sometimes you need some contrast , chrome may not be everyones taste but it does break up a single colour scheme very well, you can have too much black in my view.....but that is just my view.
very nice wheels all the same.

Thanks fellas.

Rob, I know what you mean. I hate the chrome and have seen many black editions and makes me want to do the same. The trims and the dark anthracite will be the only dark I'll be putting on the car, I like the stealth look but not overkill as I know it can ruin the car.

From what I've pictured in my head how the car will look in the next few weeks after everything I want done to it I'm fairly sure it won't come across as all black or stealth, I think you'll like it!

Getting my speedlines refurbed and powdercoated in the next week or so and looking to get peoples general opinions on the colour.

I'm fairly set on my way about a dark anthracite but can't seem to find many colours online which really sells it for me! Here is some that I've found online, let me know your thoughts or you can share examples of other shades of anthracite that you think will suit my car well.

Option 1. (Gloss)
149ac9de659cc0c5b851989f6cb15b16.jpg

a22de2707d22c63b3dd17450bea4a493.jpg

46817a4ff3100c82766f414b846d99de.jpg

Option 2. (Matte)
c0a219a7eab9bebc3d02fdd23cb484eb.jpg

c8acd622322a1dff0ba67c1c5c1c36cc.jpg

831f0a19d26cf15af1d17d39f8f1efd6.jpg

0098c5090c5f39332078dc807b872571.jpg

Here is a picture of what they could look like on my car. Mine is also a black B7, all the chrome is being wrapped black next week.

77c6a26c21cff9100616e0e112dd4376.jpg
What suspension set up are you running mate?? Loving the stance of the car!!

Satin black center and gloss black rim, great looking car Sean

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids
I'm having a wheely hard time making up my mind up on another set still, going to look at these 19" jobbies tomorrow morning , just down the road from me....really like them but need to see one on the old bus first before I pull the trigger again..lol
Ft5

OO here we go again Robs having a wheel crisis :laughing::laughing::laughing::sunglasses:

evening Rob :friendly wink:

nice looking wheels

Reactions: carlcall and tony mc
and a very good evening to you chap, hows things....any further with the front bumper .
I just cant help myself when it comes to wheels....lol

Im good thanks Rob, as for font bumper i have had some other things to sort out first but i will defiantly be getting the one i was talking about

What suspension set up are you running mate?? Loving the stance of the car!!

Can't take any credit for it as that's not actually my car :( mine will just look similar once it's finished. I run fully adjustable AP coilovers but the car in that photo is definitely running airbag suspension.

Gotta have gloss black barrels and since you're going to wrap all the trim, why not do that in dark anthracite to match the centres? Could work... but then what do I know, mines black with white wheels!
54b7b7fe63aea9456970c3fd8ffc5e0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Sean_
Gotta have gloss black barrels and since you're going to wrap all the trim, why not do that in dark anthracite to match the centres? Could work... but then what do I know, mines black with white wheels!
54b7b7fe63aea9456970c3fd8ffc5e0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It's different, I like that!

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids
So I think I've made up my mind, seen these and think I'll go with it. Anthracite with a grey sparkle, might get them a little darker but still happy with this.

3c810aeac97a26711d7d38455a677ad9.jpg

457724d556ee713c0c4b60a35daf32de.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Charlie Farley
yep, they look very nice and will go with black very well...good choice Sean

I'm having a wheely hard time making up my mind up on another set still, going to look at these 19" jobbies tomorrow morning , just down the road from me....really like them but need to see one on the old bus first before I pull the trigger again..lol

What happened to the wheels you ordered a month or so ago? Not seen any pictures of them yet.

Had a few sets of speedlines over the years, one of the best ever OEM wheels from any manufacturer for me.

Silver, looks good with any colour of car,

What about a shadow chrome finish? They were by far my favourite finish, depending on the light they can look dark or lighter.

Shadow chrome again but with a lighter anthracite of base coat,

Dark anthracite ones, loved the colour but when on the car the definition of the wheel was lost quite a bit.

Crackle black, liked the finish but again when on the car you loose the definition of the wheel,

Not my car but they do look ace in gold, even more so on a black car

had to cancel the order , they wouldn't fit over the 18z's without spacer and then were too far out so another non starter, luckily they refunded me as they were special order and it had not be fulfilled yet.
So back to 19" version of the 20" A8's you had a while back.

I've got them in satin anthracite with silver lips, I think it loses any definition of the wheel, I'll be repaint if them metallic silver next

I'm having a wheely hard time making up my mind up on another set still, going to look at these 19" jobbies tomorrow morning , just down the road from me....really like them but need to see one on the old bus first before I pull the trigger again..lolView attachment 120353

I'm sure someone somewhere said only silver wheels at some point!

very possibly carl...but, had a mad moment and went to look at them yesterday , and when on they do look nice to be honest, only one problem though.....they don't fit either.
same old problem in that they wont clear the calipers again, bummer or what.....just having a think on the way forward again now....

Would it be worth buying spacers or should I not really be asking you that as it will give you a further dilemma?

spacers would be needed carl, 5mm would be absolute min but 8mm ideal, but at et42 they sit really well on my old bus and fill the arches spot on, going that extra 5mm -8mm will be borderline arch contact, mad really as mine old ronal DTM alloys were ET43 and were no where near as close to the arches...i'll need to contemplate on the situation a bit more ...

Thanks for the feedback @ajax1976

My speedlines have been silver ever since I've bought them and kind of bored of the colour so want to mix it up. I know exactly what you mean by loosing the definition when it's too dark, can see there in one of your pics. I think that's sealed the deal for me with going a lighter shade so the wheels are more visible.

10b52336884dcecf24bf5fda94511220.jpg

Gold with diamond cut dish

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids and Charlie Farley