Badges on the back of an S3......

Tekin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Quick question..... what badges are meant to be on the rear of a S3? Am i right in saying this car below is missing the quattro badge? If im wrong does any one know when this badge did occur.

nonumql6.jpg

Thanks.

no, you are not right.

Car pictured is correct...think the 'new' S3 badge came with the change to 225 from 210?

Nah the "new" badge came with the facelift models. Mine is a 2001 facelift with a 210 AMK engine.

You're correct on the Quattro badge though, the only Quattro badge on the S3 is just above the glovebox.

The 4 rings means its an Audi. The S stands for sloppy in standard form and 3 means £3000 to sort out the handling, braking, exhaust and remap

I have seen some S3's with the QUATTRO badge on the right opposite the S3 badge. I am assuming that this was stuck on after and not OEM.?

LMAO. Spot on AKY!!! But there was never a quattro badge on the s3s other than the glove box......

Hey come on now guys stop slagging off the S3 your starting to put me off in getting one!

Thanks Scott - you have answered my question!

i love mine too!!! wish i had the original quattro badge that sits below my boot S3 badge..... :haha:

and im sure if we spent on our s3's what you have on ur a3 ours would be better then your a3

Not really, as all told I've spent less making my A3 faster than your S3's than you lot spent on a standard S3.....

:applaus:also spent alot more time that we havent needed to in the first place. depends what your interests and intentions in the first place are.

The cars are almost exactly the same as per the jobs that need doing to make them fast. Lets put it this way, you'd be fighting a losing battle if you continued telling me how my upgrade went, how long it took and how much it cost.

mate im not actually that bothered to be honest. like i said depends how much time and effort you wanna put in after you buy the car and how happy you are with it in the first place. personally im quite happy with the way my s3 comes. you obviously werent with your a3.

erm hate to burst the bubble but my s3 is a 2001 facelift with the new style s3 badge and with a quattro badge underneath which was fitted from factory.looks the nuts

shouldnt have a quattro this is why - all S models audi make are quattro therefore there is no need to have a quattro badge. the 225 TT has one but there was no S model. This also applies to the RS models.

I have 'quattro' badges on my B-pillars and on the right hand side of my bootlid, that's how it came when I brought it, so left them on lol.

Forgot about your motor with the badges on the B pillars - looks quite good!

The 4 rings means its an Audi. The S stands for sloppy in standard form and 3 means £3000 to sort out the handling, braking, exhaust and remap

lolol.