Bad news :( :(

Aye true
I'm going to strip the air box and that out tomorrow and have a look and check the inter cooler for damage as I've got to replace two headlight bulbs anyway so might as well make a day of doing car stuff lol

I have boost!

Just done what you said Paul mate and shaft and turbo unit is fine , the ASV if manually moved stalls the engine as normal

But I moved the actuator rod with a screw driver and it seemed to free it
I couldn't find any leaks

So took it for a spin and it worked
So must of been that.
The boost is fluctuating though, so I think a scan and / or logging it night find the answer, which will only be the MAP, n75, or actuator it's self, or the maf as I know this is showing a fault anyway.

All are cheap to get to it it shows any of them up il replace. I'm just glad I have boost so I know the system is working.

Cheers Paul btw

Car seems pretty much fine now, I've taken it back out (18miles away)
And it only seems to drop the boost pressure and put in a low power mode( not quite limp mode but similar)
Which does still lead me to believe it's one of the parts in the above post.

Just a shame it's raining really, I could of started on my suspension swap.

Have done mate, but I think il try it again, and the same with the map.
A n75 is only £40 or so
And god knows the price of an actuator, can't be much so can't see this being and expensive fix

Glad you stuck with it and alls sorted now mate, shame to scrap it after all the previous work :)

I know andy, cheers.
Just it's gets to a point when it becomes a joke. In the three years I've had it I've spent the money I paid for it, keeping it on the road.

I am sort of happy with it now in a way though, as it's soon quiet and smooth, and even faster and more torque as the valves, cam and follow isn't ******. Lol

Another update!!! Lol

(Should be a build thread tbh)

Took up Paul's today and turns out it's the charge pressure solenoid so tomorrow il go and get one for (40 quid)
Then my car will be normal again lol
Should take me all of 10-15mins

pleased you had more success then me' Damn you EDC15VM ECU's

Patients is a virtue my friend ;)

Haha

Just replaced the solenoid an hour or 2 ago, took it for an enthusiastic drive ;)
And it's loads better. With the head being rebuilt it's defiantly faster, as I'm not loosing compression, I'm getting full contact with the cam and follower.

Feels brand new.....SOO..... If work decides to pay me enough notes this month I think a present from me to me is in order in the form of a remap ;)

O yeah and a break bulb too haha ;)

Case closed!!!

Reactions: Welshquattro