Back on the Audi scene after a fair while

Andru8

Reaction score
After a absolutely terrible 2 years,personally, I'm back in the Audi scene. Or should I say I will be next week when I collect this.

http://www.wynyardmotorcompany.co.uk/cars/carpage.php?carId=3217

It will involve a overnight stay due to the travel from South Wales but I think it will be worth it. As per all my cars it will be mapped/ tuning box as soon as possible after I have it. If I map it I know I'll be using Rick at Unicorn BUT if I go down the box route, which one is the best manufacture to go for?

Finally what as it's the S tronic, which gearbox will be in the car? I can't find a definitive answer either 6 or 7 speed. Last year I had a BMW 125D with the semi auto 8 speed box, will my gearbox be as smooth as the one in the BMW?

Cheers guys and I'm looking forward to spending more time reading back on what I've missed.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, Jcbmally and 2 others
Hello, and welcome back.

Nice choice, looks the same as mine, but with roof rails.

It's has a 6 speed s-tronic box, and to be honest doesn't feel like it needs 7. It is smooth, unless your S mode, but that's part of the fun.

Reactions: Andru8
@Andru8 welcome back. You will enjoy the car. :)

Welcome fella, nice car to come back to.

Thanks for that, I'm looking forward to having it. It was a very close call with a 2014 Golf GTD in Carbon Grey. I'd even put a deposit on the Golf but cancelled it today to go for this one.

Reactions: TDI-line and Jcbmally
Thanks for that, I'm looking forward to having it. It was a very close call with a 2014 Golf GTD in Carbon Grey. I'd even put a deposit on the Golf but cancelled it today to go for this one.
Both cracking cars but the interior on the A3 swings it. The Golf's interior looks to much like the Leon IMO. But then again I'm biased mate lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Andru8
Notice in your signature you had an S3 on order, A3 184 best of both worlds power & economy :rockwoot:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line and Sandra
I did have an S3 on order but cancelled it earlier in the year due to redundancy after 27 years in Tata Steel. Apparently I took too much time off to care the my terminally ill wife, that was my thanks for a loyal service.

Thankfully a tribunal will hear all the facts and I'll hopefully hold them accountable for their actions. That's another story though.

I'll change my signature once I get the new A3 next week.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
Welcome back and cracking colour choice too :grinning:

Reactions: batch
Both cracking cars but the interior on the A3 swings it. The Golf's interior looks to much like the Leon IMO. But then again I'm biased mate lol
I thought the interior shows a lot more class compared to the Golf. The standard equipment is much better than the A3 but with this one I think I've covered everything I need /want.

Reactions: TDI-line, batch and Jcbmally
I did have an S3 on order but cancelled it earlier in the year due to redundancy after 27 years in Tata Steel. Apparently I took too much time off to care the my terminally ill wife, that was my thanks for a loyal service.

Thankfully a tribunal will hear all the facts and I'll hopefully hold them accountable for their actions.

Sorry to hear that mate, I always say to my team that we are all just a number and the "board" don't give a toss. Hope it all works out for you.
A few more sleeps to some Audi fun.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Don't reckon it really matters, but the car should have been serviced twice by now. Should be on fixed schedule with that mileage.
I think it suggests that it was serviced just once by Slough Audi.