B9 vs B8.5 Wheel PCD / Centre Bore

ub7rm

Reaction score
Basically does anyone know if I can use the winter wheels I have for my B8 and use them on my incoming B9?

Ive also got a spair set of 18's with winter tyres for my B8.5 so would be keen to know,
I checked the offset and width on 'will they fit' but forgot to check the bore/ Pcd, just assumed it would be the same

The B9 has pretty much the same ET's for the standard wheels as the B8 / B8.5 and also the same PCD 5x112 and the same bore 66.5mm.
Although judging by the way the weather is going this year we won't be needing winter tyres.

Reactions: ub7rm and Keef
To be honest I don't think I've ever needed my winter tyres...living in snowy Warwickshire and driving to Birmingham daily lol. Bought a set of 18s for when my 19s go in for refurb (quiet often) and decided to try winter tyres. Rushed to put them on the other week when we had a glimpse of snow.

Reactions: scotty76
Even in deepest Aberdeenshire its been pretty mild this year really. With Quattro they're a nice to have rather than a necessity - keeps the diamond cut wheels away from salt though.

Reactions: Keef
Tyre sizes are also different between B8 and B9 models so worth checking this is also OK and won't adversely affect speedo readings (admittedly, difference is not significant so unlikely to be a problem - 19" option is only 10mm narrower at 245 on B9 vs 255 on B8).

Etyres have a handy webpage to check this - http://www.etyres.co.uk/how-to-change-your-tyre-size/

They advise +/- 2.5% difference in overall wheel/tyre diameter is OK, although given black circles say +/- 1%, might be worth checking this.