1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B8 S4 Custom intake/heatshield

Deo Mar 29, 2018

1. Deo

Deo Member

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Deo

Deo Member

4. Deo

Deo Member

I posted this because of the ridiculous prices of induction kits. This cost me about £100 fabricate.

scotty76 and Carlos85 like this.
  5. Russboy

Russboy Active Member Supercharged Audi S4

Looks good, I just went with it in the standard airbox still:

[​IMG]

Carlos85 and Deo like this.
  6. Deo

Deo Member

Have you noticed any difference in performance? I haven't driven my car yet since ive done the intake, cos i had a op a couple of weeks ago and not allowed to drive. That's part of the reason i done the intake too much time on my hands at the moment lol. I'm going to add an alloy type duct and channel it towards the cone in the next week or so.

7. rum4mo

rum4mo Well-Known Member

Deo, now you’ve done it, hope that you are ready for the begging requests for you to make some more!

Nice little side line to pass the time of day - could make you some decent money £100 mark up a pop would not be unreal.

Deo and Chop. like this.
  8. Chop.

Chop. Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Supercharged Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

Nice job mate looks exactly the same as my CTS turbo, one difference you will notice is the beautiful sound that it makes when you open it up, it’s gona scream

JG51 AUD likes this.
  9. Russboy

and the MPG dropping by 5!

Chop. and Carlos85 like this.
  10. Deo

Deo Member

Cheers, couldn't resist just been out for a drive lol. Not as loud as I thought it would be, dunno if it's down to the silicone intake rather than the metal ones. Still sounds nice tho.

11. Russboy

I found mine was noisier when left in the original airbox, tried it without and wasn't as noticeable

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Deo

Deo Member

Monday gonna drive it to the parents, in the style I normally do on this journey with the kids in the back and see what happens to the mpg. What ever happens I'm telling the Mrs it's better :wink:

Chop. and JG51 AUD like this.
  14. Chop.

Chop. Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Supercharged Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

Mpg in a 400bhp s4 I stopped worrying about that a long time ago :smilingimp:

Any extra noise is well worth it in my opinion

15. S4B8NP

S4B8NP New Member

16. Deo

Deo Member

Hi, I made a cardboard template first then copied this to mild steel. Welded the pieces together and sprayed it with heat resistant paint. It's quite heavy and have planned to make it with aluminium and bolt it together which obviously will be lighter. Haven't got round to doing this yet.

17. Carlos85

Carlos85 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if you have tried without the lid... no noticeable loss in performance but massive gains in supercharged awesomeness! That’s how I run mine anyways haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Russboy

So you're still using the standard airbox as a housing then but without the Injen stainless lid?

Carlos85 likes this.
  19. Carlos85

Carlos85 Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly that, I think the throttle response is actually a bit better... the lid of the injen is pretty tight against the top of the filter so I think that it’s probably actually able to pull in a bit more air this way and as long as you are moving it’s having cold air pulled over it anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Russboy

Took mine off yesterday, only had a 4 mile round trip to play badminton for a couple of hours and I think it is a little louder, although not as deep a noise as it used to be.