B6 manual 2.5tdi convert to 3.0tdi ?

Eddie bell

Member of b6uk owners group on Facebook
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2.5 tdi manual Quattro was wondering if I could drop a 3.0tdi in there ? If anyone knows what's the plan of action ????

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 285
Mate, bring the car to me and i will give you a 300 + Bhp motor !

You might want to search for a6 turbochip then you will realize i know a lot about the v6 tdi and their limits ! It will be a lot more cost effective to soup up the power on the engine you have than going for a transplant... I also produce turbo kits which can support over 300 Bhp which dont break the bank ! Also the 3.0 tdi has its share of issues with injectors, chains and inlet manifolds which the 2.5 tdi does not have !

Ok that's cool, I've just heard that the cams can not cope with the extra power. Is it a case of just getting them assessed or ...???

I would love to do the existing engine up ! Would be good ! Where are ya based ?

Cams do wear out on cars on Longlife service however quality replacement cams are easy to source ! Best would be to upgrade the heads to the later BAU/BDH/BDG cam roller type as they are less drag and are bullet proof if converted to solid camshafts... I a based in N. London...

Ah right cool... Is this starting to look expensive then lol ... I'm based in Essex, do you have a work shop ?

Your car is a 2004 model, it already have the later cam rollers heads...

Ah right cool, do you have a number, work shop number ? Maybe I can phone up discuss further on what to do maybe ..

get a rough estimate on what I need to save up for, if you could do the job for me

First of all you need to decide what you want from the engine and stick to that, when you have a base line then i can advise further ! I can do from stage 1 all the way to stage 4+ which is about 300+ Bhp ! Basically i can get you to double the factory power for about £1500...

Reactions: Nahk and Eddie bell
First of all you need to decide what you want from the engine and stick to that, when you have a base line then i can advise further ! I can do from stage 1 all the way to stage 4+ which is about 300+ Bhp ! Basically i can get you to double the factory power for about £1500...
Adamss24 ise it possible to get some knowledge for mu projectcar from you?
How could i contact you?