awesome gti????

wightman

Reaction score
Alright all ,

has anyone had a re-map from awesome gti? on their S3? if so was is decent stuff, do they put on the rollers etc...? what gains did you get?

cheers
chris

Awesome will supply you with an APR remap, nothing wrong with this software from what i've heard. They seem to offer some sensible tuning options and overall it appears similar to REVO etc.

Awesome's Rollers give funny results, they tend to give very high wheel horsepower figures with small transmission losses. This is due to them having no load control so the coastdown figures are based on pure inertia.

From what i can gather this seems a sensible way of doing things, after all transmission losses of 50 - 60bhp in an S3 are ridiculous if you think about it... When i was 17 i had a Fiat Uno 45s, so 45bhp at the fly. I struggle to believe that even the haldex system can lose a more than a small cars worth of power through heat and friction.

I got an APR remap at Awesome. I'd had a trial of the Revo map, but I found it just peaked the boost and then tailed off. The APR one is much smoother IMO. I'm off to use their rollers in a few weeks so I'll be able to tell you what's what on the day!

I would say that you could do a lot worse than giving them a call and having a go of their software.

Rich