Average Mpg?

Radman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was just wondering what people are getting currently out of their cars. Also what mode are people seeing the better returns in fuel? Not that it bothers me that much as I can't keep it out of Dynamic, just curious if I am ever in a long run somewhere(motorway) would I be best in auto or comfort?

Cheers again,

RadMan

Ps. The girl at the local BP garage must think I have the hots for her I am there that often

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Dazzeroo, Rob D and 2 others
My average is 20mpg, but I don't do too many long runs. What RON fuel are people using? I've not had mine long enough to do A/B testing.

Reactions: Radman
Getting about 18 round town, bit of motorway and A roads returns 26/28. Misses had it for a day dropped it back and was on 12!

Reactions: Daniel McCormick, nikolai briton, Foxtrot_Oscar and 2 others
I once asked a seller on eBay for the MPG of the 8P RS3, the response I got was "If you are asking for MPG figures of this car you cannot afford it.". Ofcourse my reply was, I must be imagining the £50k cash in my bank then. I got a sincere apology, to which I replied too late :blow:

@Mattb555 12mpg? WOW haha!! I drove one relatively hard for 7 hours straight while on test and never seen less than 19.

There is no eco mode so in theory all modes give the same mpg. Perhaps we drive softer in comfort so better mpg than dynamic. I'm sure none of us give a stuff about it but I do get 25-30mpg. My old 130i averaged 26mpg so similar to what I had before.

TX.

Reactions: Radman and Scottyg
See my signature- got my best ever tank today of 33 as part of a 400 mile run to Scotland from Worcester. Cruising at ~80 all the way.
Expect mid 20s most of the time assuming a mix of town/long runs and not hooning all the time!

I'm doing 770 miles touring Scotland the next few days and expect it to be well into the teens given I'm with ~25 other S/RS Audis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Radman
Ouch! can't imagine ever owning a petrol car again. I'm averaging 44 mpg (US) with my TDI...or whatever my signature tag is currently showing. :) I did 48 mpg on my last tank.

I get around 20-25 most of the time but i got 34 yesterday on the way to work. No motorways in that either :)

Ouch! can't imagine ever owning a petrol car again. I'm averaging 44 mpg (US) with my TDI...or whatever my signature tag is currently showing. :) I did 48 mpg on my last tank.
Kasper, the extra cash spent at the petrol station is worth every penny when you hear the start up..

Reactions: jimojameso
no idea lol ... & shell v power @ 98 ron as recommended :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Radman
Think I'm around 22mpg might be less? This is with 99 RON.

don't know mpg.

after 16.000km I have 12.7L/100km.

regards

Mines on 8900 miles and has averaged 32.4 mpg since collection.

Pretty sure mines never been over 22.

ahhh, you have definitely found the dynamic mode...:rock:

I must admit, I start off with good intentions in comfort but it isnt long before its flicked to dynamic!

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
I normally around 22 / 23 mpg but drive like a hooligan, so to be expected...

See my signature- got my best ever tank today of 33 as part of a 400 mile run to Scotland from Worcester. Cruising at ~80 all the way.
Expect mid 20s most of the time assuming a mix of town/long runs and not hooning all the time!

I'm doing 770 miles touring Scotland the next few days and expect it to be well into the teens given I'm with ~25 other S/RS Audis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you getting your fuel from. I am paying 1.149 a litre for super unleaded £5.22 a gallon!!
I can get 30+ on a run, average 26 or as low as 16 if I'm having fun!

Where are you getting your fuel from. I am paying 1.149 a litre for super unleaded £5.22 a gallon!!
I can get 30+ on a run, average 26 or as low as 16 if I'm having fun!

It's back up to about £1.14/litre now. Just Tesco M99, it's been cheap for a while! Probably helps I live outside any cities/major roads.

Mines usually around 10.8mpg lol got it to 27.6 on a long run a few days ago.