Avant rear bumper protector

ChrisS1

Reaction score
Morning all,

**Boring question alert**

Does anybody have an Avant with a rear bumper protector on? We have a dog and she's made a mess of the rear bumper on my current car when she jumps in and out she tends to drag her paws across the bumper. Also I have dinked it a few times loading things into the boot.

I have a price from Audi (£56) for a rear bumper protector. Does anybody have one? If so what do you think? Is it one of those clear films applied to the top of the bumper, or is it one of those chrome covers?

Pictures would also be useful if possible!

I have considered a 'hatchbag' or similar, with a fold out flap, but the beauty of the auto opening/closing boot lid is that I'll be able to open it remotely, let the dog jump in whilst I am getting into the car, then close it using the button in the drivers side of the car (correct me if I'm wrong!), so having to manually deploy and fold away the flap would be a ball ache!

Many thanks, Chris

I got one of these, not a fan of the rigid ones.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bumper-Pr...347932?hash=item3d2e09045c:g:~OEAAOSw8w1X2VaE
Although it does not come down the rear vertical face of the bumper far (around 5mm) it does cover more than most of the rigid guards.
I appreciate it won't stop heavy gouges.
As for what it looks like, picture you're own bumper as it looks now and you're 99% there!

Thanks Pork,

Was if difficult to affix? I'm one of those that takes an hour to attach a smartphone screen protector and still ends up with a bubble!!

I had a paint protection film quote for £90 to have one fitted, never got round to doing it, so Audi one sounds cheap in comparison.

I'll be looking for this and going to get a price for front and fmrear bumper bonnet fully covered in xpel or similar rear door sills too

Had one on my A6 worked ok . Got one from Amazon that is Velcro under the rigid boot liner on my S4 Avant .perfect fit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

913e7f9f56d5b5cd735952377bfe7d6c.jpg

I'll be able to open it remotely, let the dog jump in whilst I am getting into the car, then close it using the button in the drivers side of the car (correct me if I'm wrong!), so having to manually deploy and fold away the flap would be a ball ache!

Many thanks, Chris

You can't close the boot remotely, unless I'm wrong, but only place is button on tailgate.

Boot lid/tailgate can be closed remotely with ignition on by pulling and holding the button on the door, or if the vehicle has convenience key by pressing and holding the boot/tailgate button until closed.

Reactions: TripleD
Boot lid/tailgate can be closed remotely with ignition on by pulling and holding the button on the door, or if the vehicle has convenience key by pressing and holding the boot/tailgate button until closed.
Every day a school day I'll try that one

Me too! Will try it out!

Yep it works - I'd covered about 5k miles in ours before I discovered this from another post on here - really useful so you don't have to get out and close (or open) if you don't have the convenience key.

Easy to fit, spray plenty of windowlene on bumper and squeegee out the excess, best done one a nice warm day