Avant boot release help/info please

dannyFR+tdi

Reaction score
Hey,

Ive been having problems with my boot from when i washed it yesterday, When you close it the dash display is still showing that it isnt closed when it is, Are there any common faults which it could be that i can check myself before going to a garage to have it looked at??

Any help/info would be really appreciated

Cheers
Danny

Is there a sensor or solanoid to detect if the boot is closed or not?

There is a micro switch built into the lock catch, if yours is an avant you have to buy the whole assembly (like i did) if it's saloon or cab you can buy the micro switch separately if i am reading etka correctly. Take it apart and check the wiring first as it does seem to get water ingress.

I had the same problem, i used oil on the lock mechanism and have not had the problem since and that was a year ago.

There is a micro switch built into the lock catch, if yours is an avant you have to buy the whole assembly (like i did) if it's saloon or cab you can buy the micro switch separately if i am reading etka correctly. Take it apart and check the wiring first as it does seem to get water ingress.

Thanks for the reply so i need to check the micro switch in the lock assembley, i think its due to water as it only started being faukty after id washed the car, Any chance you have the part number and price of the part please incase i do need to replace it

Cheers
Danny

4B9827505N is the part number its called a flap lock item 17 on ETKA, the microswitch is item 19 not available separately for the Avant :(

4B9827505N is the part number its called a flap lock item 17 on ETKA, the microswitch is item 19 not available separately for the Avant :(

My hero shall get a price from audi or should i try anywhere else first? Yeah i was told its the full assembly that i would need