1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Automatic wipers enable/disable not showing up on MMI

RobJolley Jul 24, 2020

1. RobJolley

RobJolley New Member

Hi folks, Ive a 2016 A4 1.4 TFSI that I have a little less than a year. When I move to the automatic wiper position, the wipers operate like intermittent wipers, dry or rain. I've looked in the MMI on the driver-assist page but for the life of me can't find the feature to enable or disable it. Does anyone know if I'm missing something, like the old BMW E34 intermittent wipers that you needed to do a PHd to figure out changing the intervial!

Thanks,

Rob.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Soot1e

Soot1e Active Member

To deactivate the rain sensor mode select Menu - Car - Driver Assist - Rain Sensor. Intermittent settings can then be set can using switch on wiper control stalk.

4. RobJolley

RobJolley New Member

Thanks Scoot1e, I've checked the option Rain Sensor isn't in Driver Assist see attached.

Attached Files:

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Strange:
    Screenshot_20200727-180906_Drive.jpg

6. RobJolley

RobJolley New Member

I wonder if I went into developer mode on the MMI would it show me any more info?

7. pinut

pinut New Member

do some light tap with your fingers on your windscreen from the outside.... if you have auto wipers, the wipers will perform the wipe motion..

remember to leave the wiper stalk one "click" from the bottom..
    that is the default "auto" wipers position...