Auto Mirror dipping when reversing stoped working!

Roku_83

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I noticed that my auto mirror dipping stoped working when selecting reverse gear.
Not sure when that happened but I noticed it some time ago. Run quick check with OBDELEVEN and that function is still on. Tried turning it on/off but no luck. It was working when I first got the car. It’s A6 C7 2015
Any ideas how to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance

Have you got the switch turned to the passenger side ? As if it’s in the middle position it won’t work.

Have you got the switch turned to the passenger side ? As if it’s in the middle position it won’t work.
I don’t normally leave it in the middle as it is heated mirrors function. But I will try to toggle between Driver and Passenger position tomorrow and post back if it worked.
Thank you

Couldn’t wait till tomorrow... the urge took better of of me... but sadly it didn’t work

I think you normally set it manually when you are in reverse & it remembers those settings when you select reverse again.

Not long after I bought the car I thought mine had stopped working, turned out it was because I was using the second key. I don't have 'memory' seats but for some reason the reverse mirror dip position is individual to each key?
Other possibility is you've accidentally set the dip position to the same as the normal position - done that as well!!

Not long after I bought the car I thought mine had stopped working, turned out it was because I was using the second key. I don't have 'memory' seats but for some reason the reverse mirror dip position is individual to each key?
Other possibility is you've accidentally set the dip position to the same as the normal position - done that as well!!

how did you get this fixed? If you don’t mind shearing that with me?

IIRC I just reset the dip position. I don't have the book handy but from memory I think you select the left mirror, put it in reverse and then adjust to the dipped position you want?

Try what steve said. Knock it in to reverse, set the position to see the curb, Then drive around the street and see if it will go to normal position. If it does then try reverse. When mine returned to normal position it would sometimes go up to high. Not sure what gives it the signal to say what position its in but when i set it with only one touch of the switch it seemed to work ok and go in the correct place so maybe its done by timing of how long the switch is held. Ive never had to touch it since so not 100%.

Try what steve said. Knock it in to reverse, set the position to see the curb, Then drive around the street and see if it will go to normal position. If it does then try reverse. When mine returned to normal position it would sometimes go up to high. Not sure what gives it the signal to say what position its in but when i set it with only one touch of the switch it seemed to work ok and go in the correct place so maybe its done by timing of how long the switch is held. Ive never had to touch it since so not 100%.
Interesting you say that as I also had it go sky high and I ended up turning it back off. I will give it another go and try short adjustments this time, hopefully this will solve the issue.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

On my C8 I seem to have resolved the going high issue by taking the mirror all the way down to the lowest position, when not in dipped postion, and then returning it to the position I want it for normal driving and then with car in reverse setting the mirror where I want it. It is now rare that I have to adjsut the mirror when coming out of reverse.