Auto Dipping Nearside Wing Mirror

Happy Grumpz

Reaction score
Website
www.mahalkitaphotography.com
Hey chaps :)

For some reason I can't get my Nearside wing mirror to do the auto dipping feature when I pop the car into reverse.

Has anyone got any ideas for me to try?

Cheers,

Matt

Reactions: pburv
I take it you chose this option when you ordered the car?. Don't think it's a standard option?.

It's standard with the electronic folding mirror option if that makes sense - do you have those ?

If yes the switch needs to be set to the passenger side adjust position for them to operate - also check its enabled in the MMI I can't remember if it's there or not though to be honest.

If no then it can be enabled using VCDS and will work 90% as well just requiring the odd tweak now and again.

It can be activated by vcds.
I want it done myself but there doesn't seem to be anyone active near where I live....:crying:

Reactions: Rob2k68
It doesn't dip by default- unless you set it up to dip.

Put the car in reverse, now adjust the passenger side mirror to dip where you want it. Take it out of reverse.

The mirror should now return to the "normal" position. Putting it into reverse should now dip the mirror into the position you put it in when in reverse.

This feature is not available in all cars. I think it's an option when you have electric seats - but don't quote me

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
If you have it then you need to have the mirror switch pointed to the left/passenger mirror and then it should work for you..:friends:
edit.....What RAFsays...lol

Mine works like this .....

As said above set it to the desired position using the little joystick thingy - then either move forward at 10mph or switch the adjuster knob away from the passenger side then it will return to normal.

Edit .... Or take the ignition key out.

Reactions: S32B and pburv
As RAF_S7 has said, but once you have set it to where you want it to point/look I'm sure you need to drive off before putting it back in reverse for it to work...I had a similar problem when I first got the car.

EDIT* lol Rob said it as I started my post :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Mine works like this .....

As said above set it to the desired position using the little joystick thingy - then either move forward at 10mph or switch the adjuster knob away from the passenger side then it will return to normal.

Edit .... Or take the ignition key out.

Great stuff, I'll give that a try :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
As RAF_S7 has said, but once you have set it to where you want it to point/look I'm sure you need to drive off before putting it back in reverse for it to work...I had a similar problem when I first got the car.

EDIT* lol Rob said it as I started my post :)
Seems like a lot of people on the ball today lol...:friends:

Uh Oh...UK production is down...:whistle2:

Reactions: James_TDi, Rob2k68 and Happy Grumpz
I am sure you have this sorted but do your mirrors fold when you lock the car? This is the option you need to have, rather than the mirrors that can be folded manually.
Mine work as described above but if you do have the left mirror 'indicated' then it has to stay like that for the dipping mirror to work when reverse gear is selected. As soon as you turn the indicator back to the top position or drive away, thmirror returns to its the normal setting.From then on it will only auto dip if you turn it back to nearside mirror setting.
The downside to this feature is that if the indicator is set to that nearside mirror then the other aspects such as heated and auto dimming do not work as that needs the indicator to be set to the top position. I find that if reversing,it is just as quick to turn it to the nearside position and the mirror dips and then return it when completed.
Hope that helps sort yours.

Hey chaps :)

For some reason I can't get my Nearside wing mirror to do the auto dipping feature when I pop the car into reverse.

Has anyone got any ideas for me to try?

Cheers,

Matt
Have you activated it via your settings ?

Is this on your S3 ? - looks like you've more than one Audi looking at your banners although would have thought the S-line would have this too ??

Edit : Sorry it's been a long day read it as two different cars.

Is this on your S3 ? - looks like you've more than one Audi looking at your banners although would have thought the S-line would have this too ??

Edit : Sorry it's been a long day read it as two different cars.
That edit made me laugh......Should have gone to specsavers...lol

I can get the passenger side to dip no probs - but; silly question - can it dip the drivers side ?

I can get the passenger side to dip no probs - but; silly question - can it dip the drivers side ?
Our cars always look to dip the "passenger mirror" based on a setting which tells the car globally if its a right or left hand drive vehicle.

Gutted - would rather it dipped both sides as I have a reversing camera

Neat little trick, didn't realise this was a feature, I thought it was a hack done thru the VCSD thing (or whatever it's called)

Very handy, thanks for the info on how to set this up