Audi TFSI Power/Torque Loss

hgp

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Austria :D,

On my Audi A4 2008 1.8 TFSI (in Europe exists beside 2.0TFSI - pretty similar engine) with Stage 1 map, I am having following problem, which I've been trying to solve for more than one year. (many mechanics have been also looking into it)

Problem is that the car at high rpm, between 5k and 6k, looses i.e. cuts down both power and torque really dramatically.
There is no error codes (checked many times with VCDS tool) or some CEL light etc.
By testing the car on dynojet in 4th gear it looks like this:
IMG_1602.jpg

BUT, doing the same in the 3th gear on dyno everything seems completely OK

IMG_1601.jpg

All that suggest to me, that this strange problem only occurs under specific engine load, which is logically higher in 4th than in 3th gear.

Other than that, engine is in perfect condition with about 90k miles. Before this problem, I've had problem with underboosting (big difference between actual and specified boost), so I have replaced/serviced following parts:
MAF, MAP, PCV, Turbocharger replaced as well as DV and n75 Valves, Spark plugs, cleaned injectors/intake manifold, checked for boost leak, etc.

Now I am pretty much without any idea what could cause this problem.
In drive it is a bit harder to notice this problem, but it is noticeable only by losing power/inertial force, as the rpm builds up correctly (not slowly/shaky etc )

I have done many logs with VCDS but couldn't see anything that could suggest what is causing this problem. Between those 5k and 6k rpm everything follow this "cut down" (boost, fuel pressure ...)
Logs from dyno in 4th:

I would really, really appreciate any suggestion what should I do next, as I am completely running out of any ideas and this problem drives me crazy. :relieved:
My only suspicion, that I can think of now is Fuel System (especially HPFP), but I have already double checked Cam Follower and replaced Fuel Filter..

I haven't done 5th and 6th on dyno, as they are very, very long.
In driving I haven't seen any problem with couch, like slipping and so on. i think that I should feel those kind of problems on lower rpm, as torque is than the biggest, and clutch can't follow that.

Anyone? I am still searching for the cause of this problem regarding power cut under WOT.