audi service price match

viperfire

Reaction score
Decent offer by audi at the moment.

Just get a print out from a local garage showing they use audi parts and your local audi dealer will match this.

Paid £89 in vat for first oil service yesterday :)

Reactions: pburv

Just get a print out from a local garage showing they use audi parts and your local audi dealer will match this.

Good to know.
Cheers viperfire...:friends:

They will do the same for tyres.
Yes that's true but only against a written quote and some tyre depots are wise to this and will only give a verbal quote. I got a verbal quote from my normal tyre depot but my Audi dealer said they would not be able to match that price even with a written quote. I assume it's up to the individual dealer if they will or will not match a price. Not bothered in this case as I have used this same tyre depot for many years and always had good service and good prices from them on tyres. Order one day, fitted the next.

I think that is a very good price, based on what others have said on here.

yea i was amazed they matched it as wanted to charge me £204 initially! Just shows the savings to be made if you can get a written quote!

Yes that's true but only against a written quote and some tyre depots are wise to this and will only give a verbal quote. I got a verbal quote from my normal tyre depot but my Audi dealer said they would not be able to match that price even with a written quote. I assume it's up to the individual dealer if they will or will not match a price. Not bothered in this case as I have used this same tyre depot for many years and always had good service and good prices from them on tyres. Order one day, fitted the next.
Yes, I imagine it's difficult to get a garage to put it in writing as they know you'll be using them to drive a bargain out of Audi. Wonder if a site like mycarneedsa.com would suffice? (Never used it, but the annoying radio jingle stuck in your head!!)

Link to the offer https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-service-price-match.html

Yes, I imagine it's difficult to get a garage to put it in writing as they know you'll be using them to drive a bargain out of Audi. Wonder if a site like mycarneedsa.com would suffice? (Never used it, but the annoying radio jingle stuck in your head!!)
Has to be a real garage within 15 miles or something like that.

But I find written quotes easy to obtain. Just email asking for a quote on X and they'll usually reply in kind. Decide whether to go with them or not and thank them for the quote. Given the indy garage is usually pleased to do the work they quote, while Audi turn their noses at me in disgust, I'll stick with the indy for tyres and oil changes as much as possible.

It looks like this offer is only open to some - Hatfield Audi just quoted me £165/tyre for a like-for-like (factory-fitted Contis) replacement of two front tyres (£106.06 on the Audi website). When I asked whether they would price-match the £81.31 each fitted price from black circles I was told no. Audi UK say it is up to the individual franchises whether they want to participate in any of these deals and they don't know who does or doesn't, so it comes down to the luck of the draw and whether there are a variety of franchises within easy reach of where you live. Not exactly what it says on the can, in my view.

Is there any reason not to go with BC?

Reactions: pburv
It looks like this offer is only open to some - Hatfield Audi just quoted me £165/tyre for a like-for-like (factory-fitted Contis) replacement of two front tyres (£106.06 on the Audi website). When I asked whether they would price-match the £81.31 each fitted price from black circles I was told no. Audi UK say it is up to the individual franchises whether they want to participate in any of these deals and they don't know who does or doesn't, so it comes down to the luck of the draw and whether there are a variety of franchises within easy reach of where you live. Not exactly what it says on the can, in my view.

Is there any reason not to go with BC?
No reason I can think of .They seem a legit business to me...:friends:

I didn't get a written quote on the service cost but my dealer matched the lower price from another Audi dealer .... because it was part of the same group! Doh! They tried to explain it away that the other branch had made a mistake but they'd honour the quote anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My nearest Audi stealer quoted me £236 for an oil change last week. Think I'll be emailing a few local Indy's for a quote.

That's pure extortion btw.

I used this last year for and oil change, very glad they've extended the offer.

Mind you, the look I got from Audi when quoting it was that of absolutely disgust and the car came back pretty dirty...

(They also tried very hard to weasel out of it.. seemed a case of a centrally provided offer not being backed up by the local branch).

Try these guys look cheap and use genuine Audi parts

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 206