audi s3 into a vw golf

maxvw

Reaction score
hi guys,hopeing someone maybe able to help me out here.i have installed a set of seats from a s3 into my golf4.i have got the electric adjustment wired in and the airbags but i am confused about the heated seat wiring.my golf has the green connector with4wires from each controller to each seat,the s3 seats , have the heated seat loom but a missing connector,problem is that there is 5 wires in this loom,colours are...
brown
black\yellow
brown\black
black\white
brown\blue......
there is also a black connecter that has 2wires in,brown\blue&a brown.
my golf has 4wires
black\yellow
black\white
brown(thick)
brown(thin)
can anyone advise on this as i am pretty useless when it comes to wiring and i would like to use this function.thanks in advance

thanks for trying mate!! if anyone does have elsawin then i would realy appreciate a simplified description.

Hi,

I've got an S3 heated seats wiring diagram pdf, but need to know more about the golf you're installing them in before I can get the same diagram.

Can you supply more details of the Golf, ie Model/Year/Model Code? (I'm not that familiar with the codes on VW's, but I really need the equivalent of the Audi ones 8L/8P etc?)

If you can do that, I'll see if the wiring diagram is available and then hopefully you should be able to see which wire was supposed to do what in each vehicle and then connect them accordingly?

Tooks

EDIT: I've found a Golf wiring diagram, but it still shows there being 5 wires and not 4. Your Golf might be missing something me thinks? Anyway, PM me your email address, and I'll send them over if you think they'll be any use.

hi,just double checked the amount of wires and its definately only 4 wires into the seat connecter from the switch loom(just wondering if one of these branches into 2 the other side of the seat connecter?)anyhow its a 53 plate pdi 150.if you can email that would be fantastic,thank you very much.....hathaways@breathemail.net

tooks,thanks a lot for your time and trouble,i have received the pdf from you.i have taken one look at it and i am ashamed to say i dont understand how the pins are worked out.now that i have the diagram though i will try and get a electrician to advise i think.