Audi S3 8P boost issue??

Jamie docherty

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm after a bit of help, I bought an S3 around about 3 weeks ago, 1st S3 I've had. I took it to get remapped and the guy told me it was under performing producing 220bhp instead of 265.

He said I had no fault codes, and my fuel pressure etc was spot on. He checked my spark plugs and said they look a bit worn and very white, also I had a lot of engine nock in the cylinders?? (Not engine noise)

They changed the plugs and it produced 253bhp, alot better but not where it should be, and it decreased the engine nock dramatically. (8 down to a 3)

I went ahead with the remap because he said after the remap it could all reset itself as the previous owner could have driven the car slow and around town and the vehicle has adapted to it, but after the remap it only produced 271bhp, where it should have been producing 305-310.

He checked the boost and he said when it gets to a certain point the boost levels out, it doesn't carry on, he said he doesn't think it's my turbo as it's not under boosting at the bottom, it could be my N75 sensor on the turbo itself.

Has anybody ever had the same problem?

Or have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Did you check your DV as these are prove to splitting / leaking boost.

BTW, it's 265ps not bhp, so 253bhp is close enough.

Who is doing the remap? How did they measure the power? Dyno?

I'm new to all this stuff mate, how do I tell if the DV is leaking?

AmD tuning in Essex.

Measure it on dyno, so if 253bhp is ok for 265ps, what's normal gains for a stage 1 remap? As it only gained 20hp

Thanks for your reply

Remove it yourself and physically check it (10 min job) - if it's the old version D then replace it with the newer G version as a first step.

As you've already mentioned, you should be looking at 300-310ps for stage 1 so something is wrong.

Not easy to diagnose remotely but AMD should be capable of finding out what the issue is. To be fair, you usually get an overboost code logged with a split dv.