1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q5 Audi Q5 clicking pedal

AudiSpy Apr 16, 2018

1. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi TT Audi Q5

If you own a new Q5 or an SQ5 you may feel a slight clicking through the accelerator pedal once you get up to speed. This may also be the case for other vehicles with quattro on demand.

Worry not however it turns out this is perfectly normal. Speaking to Audi today it is the quattro on demand system uncoupling for the first time. The click noise occurs because the system is cold and it's the first time it disengages, from here it's pretty seamless and you'll never notice especially at speed (so they say).

If however the feedback through the pedal is more than a light tap it might be worth speaking to your local Audi Centre for further advice. I spoke to mine today so thought i'd share.

q5man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RobIW

RobIW Member

Funny this post came up as I was just browsing the web to see if clicking was an issue on the q5. I’ve felt the light clicking as I get going but never after and wondered did I have a dodgy pedal or worse. Was going to ring dealer and mention it tomorrow incase it was something bad. Thanks for sharing.

AudiSpy likes this.
  4. AllanG

AllanG Q5 TFSI

5. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Navarra Audi S3

Agreed - ABS check above 25 (ish) mph. Two click / clunks.

Nothing to worry about.

Worth noting SQ5 doesn’t decouple Quattro. Only the 2.0 petrol and diesels do.

6. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi TT Audi Q5

Thanks for replies might as well get as much info in here as we can. Interesting thread on the ABS also, they definitely didn't mention this to me.

Is it not slightly worrying that the ABS only does a check at 25mph and that this then affects the accelerator pedal? Odd!

7. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Navarra Audi S3

Up to 25mph the system is still active, it just carries out a self test at that speed. (At 40 kph is my guess).

You feel it through the accelerator as both pedals hang from the same bracket.