Audi Oil Consumption Problem Group

Tfsi gone

Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the last few days Adam (Administrators) and myself have created a new group on audi-sport.net in relation to Audi Oil Consumption Problems. This group can be accessed via the menu drop down list on tablets/mobiles and on the Groups link at top of screen on PC. Please have a look and comment. This is related to Audi's problem in general and not aimed at a particular model or engine. Please take a look..
Thanks,
Mike.

Nice one Mike......... worth a look if you have oil consumption worries....

shame its audi only as our polo GTi has burnt 1ltr of oil / 1000 miles consistently for the last 60k miles ...

gave up with VAG who just went out of their way to be obstructive, misses now refuses to buy any VAG products which is a shame as a Golf R would have been ideal and fun :D

wow, bit of an extreme decision based on 1 car you owned using oil LOL.

I've ZERO issues with my 2011 RS3: it uses zero oil between services; same with our 2010 TT and 2004 TDi A2.

What's yer problem here or do you just have a problem understanding the working cycles of an automotive applied internal combustion engine per sae...

Engines prefer to be run 'HOT': if you can't get the engine 'HOT' then the piston won't swell sufficiently into the bore and the alongside space allows combustion pressures to by-pass by the piston(s) and expand into the sump and thereby blat the lubricating oil therein....

Any internal combustion engine prefers to be worked HARD!

C'mon, Make that piston S W E L L into its bore and maintain optimum cylinder pressures; P L E A S E....

Funny how when Audi swapped pistons on some affected cars the problem went away................

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
I've ZERO issues with my 2011 RS3: it uses zero oil between services; same with our 2010 TT and 2004 TDi A2.

What's yer problem here or do you just have a problem understanding the working cycles of an automotive applied internal combustion engine per sae...

Engines prefer to be run 'HOT': if you can't get the engine 'HOT' then the piston won't swell sufficiently into the bore and the alongside space allows combustion pressures to by-pass by the piston(s) and expand into the sump and thereby blat the lubricating oil therein....

Any internal combustion engine prefers to be worked HARD!

C'mon, Make that piston S W E L L into its bore and maintain optimum cylinder pressures; P L E A S E....

If you don't use any car very much it's not gonna consume any oil and some cars use more oil than others.Audi have obviously recognised theres a problem by agreeing to settle an oil consumption lawsuit which is obviously affecting certain cars or perhaps Audi don't understand the working cycles of an internal combustion engine and have decided to give away millions of dollars just for the sake of it,they obviously don't have a problem with that.
http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2014/audi-oil-consumption-lawsuit.shtml

http://search2.virginmedia.com/?cha...0&submit-search=Search&q=audi+oil+consumption

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800