Audi nav vs aftermarket

Scoot Yo

Reaction score
I am not really overly impressed with my audi nav, seems a little dated. Has anyone sold up and bought an aftermarket alternative?

Im curious as as the audi nav seems to fetch good money and adding a few hundred to what you get on that could get you a future proof alpine system or similar. Would this have a negative effect on resale do you think? I wouldn't really be willing to shell out best part of 1k and keep my standard unit for resale but selling it and chucking a few hundred at an all singing all dancing unit, to me seems like a good idea?

I seriously cannot believe you can't put a full postcode in!

I wouldn't entertain any of this Chinese rubbish, would go for somthing well known/proven. Any suggestions welcome.

Something like this for example

caraudiosecurity.com/nx702e-double-din-cd-dvd-navigation

The sat nav from Audi is pretty decent, yeah it can be awkward entering addresses but once their in the memory they are easy to recall. Personally I wouldn't put a non-OEM head unit in the car. Will mess with the aesthetics of the centre console.

Reactions: Goner and Forbzeeee
I love the OEM look which is why I went for my RNSE rather than an aftermarket alternative.

Never had a problem with mine. Most of the time I'll know the street name I want to go to anyway, if not, just google it.

I have co-pilot europe HD on my ipad (£45) and hang it off the air vents. With 2 bathroom sucking hooks, 2 little rubber nipples on the radio buttons to protect it and have an Xcarlink unit behind the stereo, to play itunes/podcasts/youtube/soundcloud/spotify/tuneinradio