Audi Connect

I've just picked up my new Audi and I can't get the My Audi app to verify me either. Maybe a fault?

Well, I went to the dealer and collected the car. We tried to get it working there and then but no luck. Advice - try again tomorrow and give is a call if any issues....

Well, I went to the dealer and collected the car. We tried to get it working there and then but no luck. Advice - try again tomorrow and give is a call if any issues....
Hmm must be a bug in the verification process. Did he give you a number you could call for website/verification issues? Or did he mean call the dealership?

So I called MBUK customer service this morning and they are aware of an issue related to the mTAN system. They are collecting examples to forward on to the German team responsible for the service. I've emailed over a screenshot.

The guy on the money was helpful but told me not to expect a fast response from Audi - he's arranged a call back for next Friday. Until then - the online services in the car should work - just no remote unlock or info in the mobile app.

Sigh.

Ok cool, I guess it's just a waiting game now then. Thanks for letting us know. Look forward to hearing what they say on Friday.

I actually ended up calling Audi Milton Keynes yesterday who said they'll call me back for some support today... But that might be unnecessary now. Although there is a "dealership" option you can pick when going through the verification process, however that didn't work for you when you collected your car did it?

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the mTAN system is now back up and running. I've just successfully completed the verification process. Next step..head out to the car to set this up in the MMI.

Yup - I've just finished setting mine up - everything working now!

Not sure if its been mentioned on here but people need to remember that only certain models have the remote smartphone access enabled system lets you lock / unlock the doors etc.
For example if you have a TT you are out of luck there is no "complete" remote smartphone App available and the 10 digit code is of no use to you, it cannot be entered into the MMI because the "Key user" prompt doesnt exist in the menu you can only be a "User".
Nor do you need the 10 digit code to be set as the "owner" by an Audi dealer, they can do this with just ID you take along to the dealership with your MyAudi app on your phone, and you do not need to be set as "owner" to use the basic level of audi connect anyway.

Dont waste your money on a code you cannot use if you have bought a used car and dont have the original 10 digit key code.
To get the basic audi connect system minus the remote access you only need to sign up to MyAudi , stick a SIM card with data on it into the SIM card slot in your glovebox and you will have a basic level of audi connect with google earth Nav , news, travel and fuel price info etc.

Lifted this from the Audi connect page.
"The feature "Audi connect safety & service incl. remote" is only available for the following vehicles:Audi A4 / S4 / RS 4, Audi A5 / S5 / RS 5, Audi Q5 / SQ5, Audi Q7 / SQ7 TDI / Q7 e-tron quattro. An overview of all Audi models with Audi connect and of all the services per model is available at Audi connect".

You don't need another sim card for the connect services with the A4, as the mmi has an internal one, and the smartphone services require a A4 version with the SOS module and buttons in the overhead console..

My issue since 10 or so days is when I try to locate my car.

I am in Portugal and initial car location in the App is... Berlin centre!

I could never manage to find my car's location until I've found out that I have to open and refresh the App on both my cars (S4 + A4)

Only then I can get the real car's location.

Attachments

• IMG_2582.PNG
    IMG_2582.PNG
    625 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2583.PNG
    IMG_2583.PNG
    306.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2584.PNG
    IMG_2584.PNG
    304.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2585.PNG
    IMG_2585.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
The location works from the mobile phone, as far as I understand, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I attempted it 3 month ago when I got the car 2nd hand.

Couldn't get it to work, my account got all messed up and I gave up.