Audi connect licence?

S32B

Reaction score
No luck in the A5 forum so I'll try here as it gets more traffic :)

OK so when I got the car in Oct 2017 it came with a free 3 month trial, a few days before it wa due to expire in January 2018 I spoke to Audi via live chat on their website. I said I haven't had time to use it and asked if they could extend it for a bit longer so that I could try it out :p I was surprised when they said they'd give me another 12 months free of charge. I did a post about it at the time, but can't find the thread/post.

Anyway, I've just given my car a quick wash and checked the tyre pressures, they were down slightly so after setting them I went into the mmi to store them. Whilst there I thought I'd check to see the date the Audi Connect licence expires in Jan 2019 and contact them again to see if I could blag another 12 months!!! I was shocked to see that it's all been updated to Jan 21st 2020 :blink:

So has anyone else had theirs extended without doing anything? Seems a bit strange.

158735-4063cae9d10f4ad4a2a6f6809f31f914.jpg
158736-9325aa5e75bf844166b55b6a90a51445.jpg

158737-ad4856bde27ac5c772ee5e3fb8ea3b62.jpg
158738-5c4e81edc4ba31a540405a481aa33261.jpg

Nothing strange about it. Audi re-invented Audi Connect as “software as a product”, advertised it, offered it as a subscription, rolled the service out but forgot to work out how to go about charging for it, so when you ask they give you a year for free! Lol

Reactions: tickedon and oli356
Hope this works for me. My 3 month trial has just ended and emailed earlier to ask how to extend

It was the same with the c7 a6. Got 3 years and at the end you send them an email and got another year. It’s the same with the online traffic.

Nothing strange about it. Audi re-invented Audi Connect as “software as a product”, advertised it, offered it as a subscription, rolled the service out but forgot to work out how to go about charging for it, so when you ask they give you a year for free! Lol
Good... at least on the 8v anyway there is nothing worth paying for... now if I could turn on the heaters and that kind of stuff remotely, then I would consider paying.

Nothing strange about it. so when you ask they give you a year for free! Lol
That's my point, I never asked this year...it was just updated to 2020! I asked in January 2018 and they did it to January 2019 at the time! I was expecting it to run out this month.

i guess if its free then they can say this when they pull half the services from it next year on and people start to complain....

i guess if its free then they can say this when they pull half the services from it next year on and people start to complain....
It’s garbage anyway. The only useful part of it was the google earth overlay and the ability to update navigation data over the air. Petrol pricing, RSS feed, twitter etc etc all useless in the real world. It’s almost like someone at Audi said “****... we need to come up with a connect service of some sort as everyone else is doing one” and the result was the rubbish we have.

That's my point, I never asked this year...it was just updated to 2020! I asked in January 2018 and they did it to January 2019 at the time! I was expecting it to run out this month.
Willing to bet they have a renewal system operating at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B
One of the problems Audi have at the moment is that they are changing from the old server to a new one. Some of the stuff that worked on the old server does not work on the new one. They call it work in progress. The send to destination on google maps on a PC does not work on the new server only because the code is not yet written. If this blags us all another year's subscription..Great.

How long does it normally take for them to extend the license?
Customer services requested a 12 month extension before Christmas and I'm still waiting:footy:

How long does it normally take for them to extend the license?
Customer services requested a 12 month extension before Christmas and I'm still waiting:footy:
From memory when I asked last year it was about a week. Send them an email to chase it up connect.license@audi.de

Reactions: -Ju-
They’ve replied to say they’ve requested an extension free of charge. Does say may be a charge in the future but free at the moment

They’ve replied to say they’ve requested an extension free of charge. Does say may be a charge in the future but free at the moment
Yeah me too, just waiting......and waiting lol

Mine was about to expire on 23rd December so I called them the week before. The licence was renewed until 2020 within 2/3 days.

I like Audi Connect, not sure why some people don’t :sadlike:

Reactions: cuke2u
I like Audi Connect, not sure why some people don’t :sadlike:
What do you use it for? I can't see the point in day to day driving, think I've had the accident ahead come on once in the last 12 months...but the road was clear!!!

What do you use it for? I can't see the point in day to day driving, think I've had the accident ahead come on once in the last 12 months...but the road was clear!!!
If I'm stuck in traffic sometimes I read the news...:icon thumright:

I also find the connect services very useful, google earth is disappearing in 2020 I know, but I probably will have a new car by then...

Just had an email to say mine is now renewed until 07/01/20 and having checked the myAudi app it has indeed updated
Yeah mine came through around then, I also had a follow up phone call from Audi CS to confirm.
They did say that at some point it "may" become a subscription service but if it's not gone that way by next year, to ring up and extend again

No luck in the A5 forum so I'll try here as it gets more traffic :)

OK so when I got the car in Oct 2017 it came with a free 3 month trial, a few days before it wa due to expire in January 2018 I spoke to Audi via live chat on their website. I said I haven't had time to use it and asked if they could extend it for a bit longer so that I could try it out :p I was surprised when they said they'd give me another 12 months free of charge. I did a post about it at the time, but can't find the thread/post.

Anyway, I've just given my car a quick wash and checked the tyre pressures, they were down slightly so after setting them I went into the mmi to store them. Whilst there I thought I'd check to see the date the Audi Connect licence expires in Jan 2019 and contact them again to see if I could blag another 12 months!!! I was shocked to see that it's all been updated to Jan 21st 2020 :blink:

So has anyone else had theirs extended without doing anything? Seems a bit strange.

158735-4063cae9d10f4ad4a2a6f6809f31f914.jpg
158736-9325aa5e75bf844166b55b6a90a51445.jpg

158737-ad4856bde27ac5c772ee5e3fb8ea3b62.jpg
158738-5c4e81edc4ba31a540405a481aa33261.jpg
Can you tell me how to got to this screen please I was wanting to check my licence periods but can’t seem to find it, would appreciate it!

Can you tell me how to got to this screen please I was wanting to check my licence periods but can’t seem to find it, would appreciate it!
I have an A5 mate, it will be different on you A3, just hit menu and then look for car details or audi connect...that will find it.

Reactions: Ken76
I have an A5 mate, it will be different on you A3, just hit menu and then look for car details or audi connect...that will find it.

It’s melting my head! I have purchased the key thing that you have to scratch off, I have a my Audi account that’s been verified and I have an 8 digit number on my Audi app to which I need to link to the car. When I go into the mmi it says ive no data! what should I do next? Really stuck at this point.

It’s melting my head! I have purchased the key thing that you have to scratch off, I have a my Audi account that’s been verified and I have an 8 digit number on my Audi app to which I need to link to the car. When I go into the mmi it says ive no data! what should I do next? Really stuck at this point.
Nothing.. Audi simply does not do any new things or updates like on your smartphone..

Sorry but I have no idea mate, better nipping to Audi and asking them. Since I made this post I don't think I've ever used it! I'm going out in a bit so I'll look then and see what it says now.

Reactions: Ken76