Audi a6 2010 s line sd slot issue

Mark prince

Reaction score
Hi I need some advice please.I have a Audi a6 2010 with 2 sd slots and I want to put songs on a SD card to play in the car.I have put songs on my phone then uploaded them on my micro sd card and clicked format .I have then put the micro sd car into a adaptor to put in my car but it keeps says unrecognized why is this ? The micro SD card is 2gb and I have been told this should work any advice would be brill thanks

Make sure no pictures are uploaded to that sd. Card needs to be formatted in FAT and strictly only MP3 files on it. Also be careful if you using mac to format the card as it likes to create some "ghost" files which will unable you to listen to music. Did you try both slots ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a new SD card ,uploaded the music from my laptop and works in my car no problem.
Perhaps a new SD card is the answer.

So, you've tried to copy your music from your phone, not from pc directly, right?
Have you tried to copy mp3 files from pc before?

Format the card in pc before and copy the files onto it.

Maybe your card slot does not recognise micro sd cards?
Is this happening with normal sd card?

I got 2010 A6 also and got two 32gb sd cards filled up with mp3's and had no issues.

Some systems might be also fussy for the card brand.
Have you tried different brands?

KrisKrk, are you able to use both slots at the same time with mp3s on them? I can only use slot 2. Slot1 seems to be only for SW and maps updates. I remember I wasn't able to run 2 cards at the same time then I moved the one from slot 1 to slot 2 and was working ( just in second slot):)

Both of mine working with 32gb in it. It is maximum mmi in C6 (not sire for other platform) can read.

Just had SW and maps updated and it was trough slot 1 but I use it for music also.
Slot 1 must be the primary for updates but it should work just fine for media (music).

Thanks for heads up. I will have a look after work this morning as I have my mate with me tonight and we both have 3G fitted , one by myself, second done in garage. He doesn't remember if it works or not. I will update here once checked. Btw, going a bot off top- how long did it take to updates the 17' eu maps? I got it preloaded on formatted 32gb SD but didn't have actually the time to run the car for that long and also no safe place where I can do it plugged in to electricity .

I had it done by @DJAlex, who is site sponsor (VAG Car Coding) and it took him some time. He tried few times actually but it turned out that SanDisc sd cards are sh!t. It took them ages to upload the files onto the mmi. It is over 32 or 34gb of files.
He did SW update in no time but maps took him about 4 hours.

Luckily, he had hard drive and he's laptop to copy the files onto PNY card.
All in all he spent about 5 hours or just bit more.
Run the electrics from my flat on the second floor down into the underground parking lot so the car didn't need to run and charge.

Speak to the guy I mentioned as he knows all about these things.

Have you upgraded mmi in your motor to 3G yourself?

@KrisKrk , yes I did convert MMI 2g to 3G myself. All started from B5NUT thread. Got most of the info of internet across polish , uk and russian forums + elsawin. It took me a while to figure it out but once completed I did second car in 6hrs.
Coming back to my SD1 slot I literally tried to put 2 sd's no success . SD1 was not showing at all
a5ce03c3720263b635587502840bcfa8.jpg

I tried same cards across both and only SD2 was able to play music. Eventually I reset MMI via 3 button combination and SD1 was back live but didn't have a chance to check with second card on SD2 as was already gone from work. I believe there was some 'cache' bug on 5F because of playing with them in/out on ignition before.

Yeah, @B5NUT is a legend in he's thread and work.
Have you contacted him to find out what might be wrong?

Maybe coding hasn't been done correctly to allow the data to pass through the slot.
Been told that, these slots are slow to read the data anyway.