AUDI A6 2.0 TDI / 3.0 TDI

Outkast

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am hoping for some advice on purchasing an A6. I lost my 8v s3 in a crash , now looking for a bit more of a practical car for work before buying something more performance later on in year hopefully. considered leases, but figured buying something used will see me loose less money and can get better specs.

Are there any common problems in the 2.0 tdi or 3.0 tdi engines.

I remember reading somewhere oil consumption is high on 3.0 tdi engine not sure if its true for the c7 chasis.

or regarding MPG is there a significant difference in the mileage you get from a 2.0 tdi and a 3.0 tdi.

Being a work car , i am looking for a cross between comfort and performance and efficiency. Based on that I am thinking the 2.0 tdi will be a better option for me and think the 175bhp should be good enough. though i am tempted to go for a 3.0tdi with the extra bhp however efficiency may not be there. the s3 I had was sucking a lot of juice .

I am looking for an S Line kit ideally based on the looks maybe black edition.

budget around 17kmax.

I would also like to hear some advice on tips and what to look out for when purchasing a a6 such as best spec/extras/gearbox

I was also consdiering a 2010 lemans however not sure about maintenance cost on that compared to a new model (2014)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803174665746?make=AUDI&model=A6 AVANT&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=bd72nx&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&fuel-type=Diesel&colour=Black&price-to=17000&keywords=black edition&sort=sponsored&price-from=8000&maximum-mileage=90000&page=1

maybe this should be mentioned here , but what are peoples thoughts on the 530d m sport engine of the 5series also

thanks for reading

Last edited:
Hi. I would think for 17k or even less you could get a c7 A6 2.0 190bhp which would be quick enough and return excellent economy.
The 3.0 will drink the juice. I struggle to get more than 30mpg in my bitdi and the 3.0 TDI is supposed to a little thirstier.
Good luck with your search

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow I always get over 30mpg out of my bitdi.
Agree the 2.0 will be better on fuel.
My mate always seems to get better mpg from bmw than I do in simular audis

Reactions: Buxton2901
Can get up to 40mpg driving like miss daisy but as the car is relatively new to me I'm enjoying the power

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: fingermouse and DonkeyIce
I was in same mind when looking for mine back in December 2016 but glad I got 3.0. I do around 400 miles on motorway every week and it drinks only one tank. Not bad for 3.0 TDI running at 333hp with 780nm of torque.