Audi A4 Steering Wheel Question

amz

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to change my current 4 spoke steering wheel with the 3 spoke steering wheel.

Is the Audi A3 8P steering wheel compatible with the Audi A4 B6?

if its the 55reg and newer A3 8p steering then its not possible. they have dual stage airbag witch wont work with A4 B6 as ther are single stage airbag.

if its the 55reg and newer A3 8p steering then its not possible. they have dual stage airbag witch wont work with A4 B6 as ther are single stage airbag.

Thanks for your answer mate. Which other model Audi steering wheels will be compatible with my Audi B6? Would steering wheel from A3/A6 also work?

I just want a 3 spoke steering wheel, not too fussed which model it comes from...

Also are there any specific airbag that I have to look out for my model?

Get the B6 sport steering wheel. That is a leather 3 spoke and compatible.

it will fit just needs a bit of wireing mod

Get the B6 sport steering wheel. That is a leather 3 spoke and compatible.

These are extremely hard to find. I am avoiding main dealers as they quoted me £350+ for steering wheel only and £750+ for the airbag :noway:

it will fit just needs a bit of wireing mod

I'm not entirely sure on which wires will need modding? Any guidance?

Will other model Audi's such as A3 and A6 steering wheel fit mine without any problems?

I have seen 2 or 3 sport steering wheels in the last week on eBay..........its the airbag that is the most expensive part

Don't you also need a steering wheel module that will accept a 3 spoke wheel too?

edit here's a list off ross tech website

[h=3]Steering Column Control Module[/h]There are 3 types of steering column control modules, only 2 of them support cruise control.

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

Thank you so much mate for going out of your way and finding me these links, you're a star!

Don't you also need a steering wheel module that will accept a 3 spoke wheel too?

edit here's a list off ross tech website

Steering Column Control Module

There are 3 types of steering column control modules, only 2 of them support cruise control.

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

Thanks my friend for making me understand the differences between Lowline, Midline and Highline, I always wondered what they were :icon_thumright:

The airbag on its own would be £130 - £150 on ebay plus the wheel at an average of £60 depending on its condition.........budget £200 +/- 20% I would say for both