Audi A4 Cabriolet Hood Problem

vaslam1986

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems with my hood, when i press the power hood button the hood begins to open but the boot lid catch doesn't seem to release
confused.gif
It makes a whirring noise, moves a bit then stops....I made a video of the problem to show what i mean by this (link below) ...any ideas anyone???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WgVkU3XVk
progress.gif

Do a manual open and close as that resets it. If you haven't done it before look in the manual for the process and the tool needed to do the job is in the side of the dashboard in the fuse box panel.

I've already done a manual rest using the t key, the boot catch releases if you do it manually but jams when you use the switch on the centre console

******!

Have you tried lubricating the catch when you have opened it manually ? just make sure the catch is fastened properly

Quick update, I reset the hood again, still not working but everytime I put the key in the ignition the yellow hood indicator in the dash flashes 10 times :confused:

Let us know where your located and someone in your area may help you who has vagcom to see what fault code it's throwing up

I stay in Glasgow, I took it to A for Audi who said they need to start taking panels off and it would take between 3-4 hours at £50 per hour irregardless whether they are able to identify the problem or whether I go ahead with any repairs.....

i feel for you mate!

does your roof close automatically even if the boot lid doesnt open?

Looks like a hydraulic problem check for leaks,air in the system,oil level, the res is in the right hand side of the boot just a few pointers

My car A4 Cab 03 plate has the same issue.. But mine does not cycle on the boot bit?
It folds up like yours but then tries the boot lid once and then the back of the roof comes down and it errors..
I can cheat it by stopping the cycle just as the boot unlocks pulling it up and then starting it again..
Closing the roof works with out fault.. It is only on opening.. (Which make me think it's not the haudralics)
But had a mate plug in some diags and it complains about a switch or something..
But looked around on the net today and found this article.. will post a link.. (It mentions the same fault we have and the switch i mentioned!)

http://www.justanswer.com/questions...my-audi-a4-cabriolet-roof-wen-i-press-roof-to

Hope it helps... Just got to find someone that can fix it now???

Also anyone having issues with the boot lid cutting out the CD player!?? and radio!

cabriolets are renowned for the ariel to breakdown in the left hand rubber that goes from the car to the boot, easy fix, pull back the rubber and find the damage/kink/week part, cut it out and rejoin it

Sorry to crash this thread but last question...
If i was to replace the cable what would I use?? I have heard mentioned a standard ariel cable?? is that correct|??

thats basicly all it is but the crimped on ends youll struggle with, just cut out and rejoin it