AUDI A4 B6 CENTRAL LOCKING ISSUE

shash_128

Reaction score
When I unlock the car with the key fog the car immediately locks. Any one know why? How can I solve this problem?
I looked at the electrical plug of the drivers door wiring loom and it had a pin broken and had corrosion on the pins. I cut off the plug and soldered the wires together, but this never fixed the problem.

below is video I made of the problem:

I haven't checked the convenience unit under the passenger carpet yet.

Anyone? Please help
when theres no power to the drivers door all the other doors unlock and lock normally when using the key fog. Could it be a stiff drivers door lock? or the actuator?

Have you tried checking the loom to the door for a broken wire.If the other doors are normal the system is fine

Hi thanks for the reply. The driver's door wiring loom did have a severed wire which I soldered back together. The other wires don't look great. Been looking on ebay for one but can't find one with the exact part number (8E1 971 029B)

Where else can I get them from?

Scrapper?Or you could just try repairing all of them.Should be fine if you put some support round them.Did it fix the lock?

I think its only the driver's door loom that has a problem. The rest of the doors lock/unlock just fine when the driver's door ain't connected.

I repaired the driver's door loom which fixed all the electrics and locks all doors, but I've still got this unlocking problem.

If that's the only thing left then its the lock itself and you may need a new one.Cleaning it with some electrical spray might help but the micro switch may be bust