audi a4 b5 1996. My little project!

sk8xtrm

Reaction score
Im new to the forum so though id make my project thread to fill you all in to what i have done so far (in brief)then i can update as i go along. :)

When i bought her the previous owner gave me a votex kit so first job i did was fit that along with a ****** good machine polish.
Photo0598.jpg

Photo0594.jpg

Then i bought a new FMIC
Photo0645.jpg

spent a few hours cutting the rear of the bumper, trial fitting it and then making pipework from an old exhaust from my RST :) you will also notice my brackets holding the intercooler are made from old wiper mechanisms :p

Photo0660.jpg

And then back on (as you can see to front was badly stone chipped and dull)
Photo0665.jpg

Then this happened:
DSC00051.jpg

So for good measure i replaced the waterpump, belt, thermostat then while it was apart i decided to do few other bits including new Maf, pcv valve and 3 piece case/hose along with a service and colder running spark plugs.

Following on, i then fitted a new 3" down pipe and an s-line wheel.

Photo0682.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Also my rs4 wheels were battered and kirbed so i sold them and i bought a spanky new set of lambo replica wheels, they are all now wrapped in a set of bridgestone potenza's

DSC00104.jpg

After that my other half bought me new intercooler pipework and brighter bulbs (my standard ones were really bad) for christmas :D

DSCF2234.jpg

DSCF2235.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

Then as you have seen earlier the front bumper was bad so i had it resprayed along with the back, now its silky smooth and imo looks as fresh as the rest of the car.

DSCF2272.jpg

Other than those ive made other smaller changes but im trying to do a quick catch up so sorry if i miss anything out.

Here are some up to date photos of the car.

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg

DSCF2274.jpg

DSCF2307.jpg

DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2316.jpg

DSCF2323.jpg

DSCF2330.jpg

Mods to sum up:
Fmic with all alloy pipework from turbo to intake
pipercross panel filter
Bailey Recirc valve
colder running plugs
3" downpipe
full scorpion exhaust system
lowered on shocks and springs - dont know by how much tho :p
Lambo rep wheels
chipped ECU
boost gauge fitted
votex kit
and i think thats it other than replacing lots of bits with new audi stuff.

Again sorry if my update seems all over the place trying to remember everything. :)

As said before, car looks lovely mate, everything seems to "fit" with how the car looks overall!

Any more plans for the future???

Nice wheel. :)
Car looking nice.
That machine polish made a difference. really should get mine done.

How did you know your water pump was cracked?

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Future plans are :- fit leather interior, and i cant decide whether to change my wheels to! Then i want to go onto a hybrid turbo but i would need to look into remapping as no where seems to be able to on my ecu only chip it. Hopefully someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction.

axios - the temp was spiking when I stuck to consistant speed, then a week later it was spiking all the time. When its cracked it slips on the shaft or comes of the shaft! Checked my service history and it was changed once before so it was due it anyway :)

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Future plans are :- fit leather interior, and i cant decide whether to change my wheels to! Then i want to go onto a hybrid turbo but i would need to look into remapping as no where seems to be able to on my ecu only chip it. Hopefully someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction.
Pre-ODBII cars can't be remaped. they need the ECU chip removing and a new one put in.

axios - the temp was spiking when I stuck to consistant speed, then a week later it was spiking all the time. When its cracked it slips on the shaft or comes of the shaft! Checked my service history and it was changed once before so it was due it anyway :)
Ahhh, I dont think mine has even been done. I'll check though the recipts but i dont think its been replaced in the 12 years, 118k miles. :|
The temp takes ages to get warm and then spends most of the trip jumping between 90 and the next line down.

Pre-ODBII cars can't be remaped. they need the ECU chip removing and a new one put in.

Ahhh, I dont think mine has even been done. I'll check though the recipts but i dont think its been replaced in the 12 years, 118k miles. :|
The temp takes ages to get warm and then spends most of the trip jumping between 90 and the next line down.

Yea thats my problem i think, its been chipped already but i wanted to upgrade to k04-15 but if i did that cant really get much gain as i cant get it mapped. :(

If im honest that doesnt sound like pump to me, sounds more like a sticky thermostat :) if it was pump it would heat up very quickly.