Audi A3 Touchscreen

D.rc

Reaction score
Hi im looking at changing my Audi concert 3 for something with touchscreen / Bluetooth but there are so many to choose from was wondering what ones other people are using and how are your experiences with them ? are they slow , Bluetooth disconnects? i don't want to go spend £300 and regret it straight away aha.
Also do they impact the steering wheel buttons can i turn my music up answer calls like i was able to before ?

Any help is appreciated thank you

Hi im looking at changing my Audi concert 3 for something with touchscreen / Bluetooth but there are so many to choose from was wondering what ones other people are using and how are your experiences with them ? are they slow , Bluetooth disconnects? i don't want to go spend £300 and regret it straight away aha.
Also do they impact the steering wheel buttons can i turn my music up answer calls like i was able to before ?

Any help is appreciated thank you

Hi mate,

If you go for a aftermarket radio you need to get yourself a CAN emulator for the steeringwheelbuttons to work.
Only Audi manufactured radio's have a CAN Infotainment connection for these functions as far as I know. Some Chinese Android radio's come with the emulator in the box next to it.

CAN Emulator example: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H2c6caa8...way-Simulator-Adapter-For-VW-Golf.jpg_q50.jpg
You'll see the little black box taped on the wire, that is the emulator and other both ends go into the existing loom and radio. This example is an older ISO standard, but you have quadlock adapter aswell obviously :).

That being said, I bought myself an Android Chinese radio a few years ago and loved it. It had all the features a high luxury radio would have. Ofcourse, it's a bit slower and won't look that exspensive because of the cheap plastic the front is made of. But hey, you know that when you order a touchscreen radio for €200 from AliExpress.

Had my rear view cam, front view cam, sound system, GPS, bluetooth, WiFi hotspot and CarPlay working on that radio. It worked flawlessly untill I sold the car with it a year ago so I can recommend :)